How do you have your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you have your coffee?

What people drink has always been of great interest to me... Time for a poll!

This is meant to cover the basics - not including your choice of single or double shots, and type of milk.

Did I forget anything? Leave a message (and hopefully I can edit the poll)

Re: How do you have your coffee?

Doppio ristretto latte in a 200ml cup.

Comment

Espresso with cold milk on the side. Drink most of the espresso and then add the milk to the last bit.

Its two drinks for the price of one.

If you get a bad coffee, put the milk in at the start.

Comment

double ristretto flat white

Comment

Originally posted by 4E55575055545F493A0 link=1305870912/3#3 date=1305900127
          double ristretto flat white
          +1

If only baristas knew what that was.

Comment

Originally posted by 24252F3C22273D4E0 link=1305870912/4#4 date=1305929022
            If only baristas new what that was.
            I would have thought that most know what a strong flat white is though? Perhaps its easier to order that from this style of "barista". Alternately, play safe and leave em to press buttons

Comment

LOL even Adelaide baristas know what a FW is, its the ristretto part of the order that usually gets me blank looks.

I did have one nice experience at Bracegirles when I asked for a FW with doppio ristretto base. The girl at the counter was like WTF? but the barista who was within earshot just gave me a knowing look and started making it. Even finished it with one of the nicest rosettas Ive ever seen. And no, it wasnt Fiefy behind the machine

Comment

Just wondering, do you ever get two separate drinks when you order the double ristretto, flat white?

Comment

"Pour diddums … youll get your coffee how we like it" - article in SMH today

This is timely but the concept is often discussed. I not sure who is right: the customer demanding their preferred beverage or the proprietor trying to preserve the integrity of their product.

TO ADD sugar or not to add sugar, that is the question.

A Lilyfield barista has left the inner-west latte set reeling by refusing to add sugar while hes making coffee.

Yves Shepherd, owner of Catherine & Piper, erected a sign a few weeks ago announcing the unthinkable: DIY sugar.

We found that in the colder months its creating a bottleneck in terms of the speed at which we could offer a really great coffee, Mr Shepherd said. If you get a large cappuccino with two sugars, youre only getting chocolate and sugar. The coffee is adjunct to that.

Shepherd says some customers have repeated the directive back to him in disbelief.

Read more

Comment

Originally posted by 4C465344444B5F592A0 link=1305870912/8#8 date=1305940897
                    A Lilyfield barista
                    I see he had time to put extra froth in the cup. :P ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 0214111100020E07070404610 link=1305870912/9#9 date=1305943608
                      I see he had time to put extra froth in the cup
                      Hehe...good point. The time excuse is a bit flimsy

Comment

Ask me 3 months ago and it would have only been lattes, but since I started tasting all my shots before adding the milk (mostly just to troubleshoot my technique, sourness/bitterness roast depths etc) I found myself enjoying my coffee more without the milk... Now its all double espressos with the occasional latte or macchiato thrown in

Comment

Could have had Iced coffee on the list (I drink it but dont see it as being coffee if that makes any sense).

I want to know who is on coffee snobs that dosnt drink coffee (a troll on the poll?).

Comment

Originally posted by 6E64716666697D7B080 link=1305870912/10#10 date=1305959275
                            Originally posted by 0214111100020E07070404610 link=1305870912/9#9 date=1305943608
                            I see he had time to put extra froth in the cup
                            Hehe...good point. The time excuse is a bit flimsy
                            Ha! Sugar takes no time to put in, and the customer can walk straight out of the store - not cluttering up the shop trying to put sugar from a sachet (more waste) in the coffee. If he is trying to encourage his customers to ditch the sugar then this bloke is going about it the wrong way.....but he did just get alot of free publicity

Anyway - back on topic.  I drink all of the above (except instant) depending on my mood or what time of day, if Im working or not - or even what cafe Im in.

Comment

Originally posted by 6D6C66756B6E74070 link=1305870912/6#6 date=1305935877
                              And no, it wasnt Fiefy behind the machine
                              why not visit Fiefys on Pirie st.....you will get a fantastic double ristretto based coffee there......with a smile

signed

Big Fan of Fiefys 8-)

As for me I also enjoy the same style with dbl rist base....lattes,fw,cap....depends at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X