Pronounciation help for Rancilio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronounciation help for Rancilio

Easy one for a Sunday morning, but one that has sort of bugged me for a while.
    Is Rancilio pronounced - RanCHillio or RanSilio??

Thanks guys.

Re: Pronounciation help for Rancilio

Originally posted by 3209000F0F0E0F610 link=1306013704/0#0 date=1306013704
    RanCHillio
    yes shannon- ch.

Comment

Thanks Chris

At least now I can be confident when actually talking about Rancilio products! as opposed to "talking" about them from a PC.

Comment

Re: Pronunciation help for Rancilio

Originally posted by 4279707F7F7E7F110 link=1306013704/2#2 date=1306015997
        Thanks Chris

At least now I can be confident when actually talking about Rancilio products! as opposed to "talking" about them from a PC.
        No probs Shannon.

Next up, is it ghee-oh-toe or gee-otto?  Youd be surprised how many get it wrong...

Comment

Its Gee-Otto, isnt it? Or do I have it wrong?

My one that seems everyone has a different way of saying is "GeneCafe".

I pronounce it "jenny cafe" but others say "jean cafe". Which is right in this instance?

Another non-coffee one that is out there is Bruschetta. I say it "broosh-ketta" others say "brooshetta" or "broosh-chetta" but I figure its a silent h. Love the stuff, by the way and cant go to an Italian Restaurant without having some....yummo!!!

Comment

It makes sense to me that Gene Cafe is pronounced as its written.
            In what universe is Gene pronunced Jenny?

AFAIK bruschetta is pronounced brroo-sketta.

Comment

Originally posted by 1D3A2C3E26550 link=1306013704/4#4 date=1306019098
              Another non-coffee one that is out there is Bruschetta.  I say it "broosh-ketta" others say "brooshetta" or "broosh-chetta" but I figure its a silent h.  Love the stuff, by the way and cant go to an Italian Restaurant without having some....yummo!!!

Originally posted by 013D203B313027323A31550 link=1306013704/5#5 date=1306024729
              AFAIK bruschetta is pronounced brroo-sketta.

Brew-Shetta said with an Italian accent
              I dont use a K

KK

Comment

In line with the topic of how things are pronounced, the heading should surely read "pronunciation"  rather than "pronounciation" 

GrahamK

Comment

Originally posted by 614650425A290 link=1306013704/4#4 date=1306019098
                  Its Gee-Otto, isnt it? Or do I have it wrong?
                  Its actually "jotto" with a small pause on the first "o". The "i" is silent and only serves to make the "g" soft (i.e. prevent the word from sounding like "gotto").

Cheers
                  Steffen.

Comment

how about gaggia?

gah-gheeya
                    ga-jeeya
                    gaga?

And Gene -> Jenny do come across my asian mind trying to sound like someone from the west !

Comment

Ive always pronounced Behmor as Bay more, as have the few other people ive spoken to about it, but it wasnt until i read the article in BeanScene a while back that i found out it was meant to be pronounced Be More.

As for food pronunciation, how does one say chorizo?

I say cha ree zo (without , my in-laws say cha rye zo and the chick at my favourite cafe says cha rith o (with a deliberate lisp).
                      Delicious anyway you say it. ;D

Originally posted by 5D7A6C7E66150 link=1306013704/4#4 date=1306019098
                      My one that seems everyone has a different way of saying is "GeneCafe".

I pronounce it "jenny cafe" but others say "jean cafe". Which is right in this instance?
                      Ive always said Gene but i was talking to a barista recently who called it a "Genie" Cafe.

Comment

Should be ga-jeeya.

As for the other words mentioned in this thread I would pronounce Rancilio as "run-chee-lio" and bruschetta as "broos-ket-ta" just cuz I like their original Italian pronunciations

Gerard

Comment

Are you guys kidding, I havent been to sponser of this site yet that didnt know what I was talking about, coffee stuff seems to have more or less universal names and they all understand what you want.

Comment

This thread is hilarious!! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4A555251584E5552495C51524B583D0 link=1306013704/13#13 date=1306124046
                              This thread is hilarious!! ;D

sure is wholes hot a love ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X