Cuppacoffee 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuppacoffee 2011

I thought it might be interesting to keep a pictorial of what I hope to be the last time I fitout a shop.

A few to start with:

The vacant shop

Thomas, our 15kg Has Garanti, just unpacked and awaiting some customisation

The Fat Controller (otherwise known as an afterburner)

Re: Cuppacoffee 2011

Thats a good looking Thomas! ^^

Comment

Thomas looks like a bit of a tank

Good luck with the new fit out!

Comment

Congrats Dennis, thats a great spot.

The lamb delight from the thai next door is to die for

Comment

A few more photos.  Hmm, there really is a lot of work to do and I seem to be discovering new ways to spend money.  :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 0B302F373A2D5F0 link=1314262631/3#3 date=1314396247
            The lamb delight from the thai next door is to die for

You mean from hair xclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by 0214111100020E07070404610 link=1314262631/4#4 date=1314699417
              A few more photos.  Hmm, there really is a lot of work to do and I seem to be discovering new ways to spend money.  :-/
              And theres not even any bling glinting in the background yet....

Mal.

Comment

whats going to happen to the sylvania shop? can we still go there for coffee?

Comment

From what I have read the Sylvania shop has been taken over by new owners and will continue to serve caffeine related products. Im sure Den will clarify though.

I love the fact that at the moment the toilet and kitchen sink are in the same space! Mythbusters would have something to say about that
                  I trust the renos will be wonderful and look forward to sampling the new shop in the not too distant future.
                  You may have already mentioned this elsewhere, but why the change?

Comment

The shop at 55 has been sold. I knocked back two previous offers due to owner lack of experience. Having built this thing from scratch I felt (and still do) paternal about it and my existing customers.

The new owners are definitely passionate about coffee, food, and hospitality - the head barista has had 6 years experience at Campos and my World Blend is now the house blend. They plan to fitout the shop next door with an opening between shops - cafe, restaurant and bar open long hours.

So yes, you can get a great coffee there.

Why I moved/sold?
                    My lease was due to expire at Christmas prompting me to think about the future. I decided I would rather continue to focus on roasting, equipment sales and training. The exisiting shop layout just wouldnt have been the right design for this so I began to look elsewhere.

Were basically ripping out the little that is there at this new shop and starting from scratch. My sister always said I have champagne tastes on beer wages, so Im hoping I havent bitten off more than I can chew with my grand designs!

Comment

Congrats and good luck with the new venture, Den. Thomas looks awesome! (Is he going to be used for "training"? :-[) Cant wait for the (another!) grand opening.

Greg

Comment

Gee Den,
                        I was just thinking the other night how far you have come since you first joined CS. I think we both joined CS about the same time and your crazily enthusiastic posts always gave me a bit of a giggle.

Then you hatched some mad plan (insane maybe?) to import some lovely italian coffee cups. I still treasure mine, and the little vietnamese coffee pot that came with them as a gift. That was the beginning of what we are seeing now I suppose.

Even though I rarely post these days and CS has grown so much, I still have a read as often as I can when I am not working and to see how far you have come from that excitable beginner is truly awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 686E76767E6978697E767A1B0 link=1314262631/7#7 date=1314833335
                          whats going to happen to the sylvania shop? can we still go there for coffee?
                          I actually went to Cuppacoffee to pickup my BDB 900 when the new owners were working. Coffee was still good, and they still were using Dens roasted beans.

Good luck with your new shop Dennis. Look forward to the grand opening. Juts out of curiosity, will the cuppacoffee website still be run by you? Or is the ownership of the cuppacoffee name going to the new owners as well?

Comment

Thanks Nav - the Cuppacoffee brand name will be coming with us.

Comment

Hi Den,
                              I popped in to get some beans the other day, it was quite strange not to see you busying yourself in the shop.

Its nice to see that all your efforts in getting the place looking so good wont go to waste.

All the best with the move mate.

cheers,

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                              X