Pohs Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohs Kitchen

show is about coffee in Melbourne, on right now.

Re: Pohs Kitchen

We loved Poh tonight with her coffee trips through Melbourne with her guide Claude from Keffa Han in Lorimer St. Claude showed his skill with his naked pour maing delicious syrupy to die for coffee. Latte Art Smackdown featuring Will Priestly. Other Melbourne cafes visited.
    Poh passed on excellent coffee tips. If you wish to view this program you will have to watch it on iView

Comment

Waiting to watch it in 10 min time

Comment

As if there wasnt enough about her to like, now shes done a coffee show! For anyone who missed it you can watch it on ABC iView.

Comment

From good ol Adelaide too 
          Shes my wifes family friend and we see her occasionally at weddings and xmas dos.  Funnily my wife tells me she was never known for her cooking but her aunty and mother were the cooks.

Good show though.  She didnt do too badly on that latte art either.  ;D

Comment

Ive just watched it on iView and it was very well done. Informative and entertaining.

I didnt realise how talented Poh was. She is an artist, make-up artist, chef, actress and a very entertaining TV host.

Comment

Thanks for heads-up everyone.

I tried the iView but it was too choppy for me (bad buffering) and then found the (90Mb MP4) download for the show:
              http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/pohskitchen/vodcast/pohskitchen_11_02_10.mp4

Great show it was too.

Seems like years since all that was filmed, it came together really well. Kudos to Poh and the production team.

Highlights for me:

* The trademark "gold bags" in so many shots at the start.
              * Claudes great looking pours.
              * Poh giving "Claudes coffee" a wrap a couple of times
              * and then using another gold bag coffee in her yummy looking affogato.
              (I admit I sat very smuggly on the couch)
              8-)

twas great to see some CSrs get a cameo role (Nice one Ted)

Pity Claude and his amazing coffee cant be found in Port Melbourne any more, the show would have been great for his business.

Was a good entertaining show!

Comment

Originally posted by 220D071A630 link=1319620003/6#6 date=1319644658
                Pity Claude and his amazing coffee cant be found in Port Melbourne any more, the show would have been great for his business.
                Oh...where has Claude moved on to? He did have a great place there but just too out of the way!

Comment

Does anyone know about the coffee hand grinder she used?
                  Looking for something similar for myself...
                  cheers Dave

Comment

Think it was a porlex but there are similar ones made by kyocera and hario.

Brett

Comment

Well, since Fiefy is from Adelaide too, Poh and Fiefy should pair up and do something from Adelaide.

Thanks for the heads up, enjoyed watching that episode. Lets hope theres more to come further down the track.

Gary at G

Comment

Was good to see Claude and the others putting the coffee message out there

I miss the Lebanese coffee I used to get from his shop in Port Melb

real bummer hes not been in port melb for a while, good coffee around here at a few spots, but its not on par with Claude

Comment

Originally posted by 2A3A36362D38063E3835590 link=1319620003/7#7 date=1319664868
                          Oh...where has Claude moved on to? He did have a great place there but just too out of the way!
                          According to Claude Sawayas Facebook page, he is Head Barista/barista trainer at Secret Recipe (doesnt say which one- there are four of these cafe/restaurants in Melbourne).

Comment

Originally posted by 34392E3E35395C0 link=1319620003/1#1 date=1319622549
                            We loved Poh tonight  with her coffee trips through Melbourne with her guide Claude from Keffa Han in Lorimer St. Claude showed his skill  with his  naked  pour  maing delicious syrupy to die for coffee. Latte Art Smackdown featuring  Will Priestly. Other Melbourne cafes visited.
                            Poh passed on excellent coffee tips. If you wish to view this program you will have to watch it on iView
                            Claude really showed his skills with that thic syrapy shot. I was pleasently surprised to see that he used a somewhat smaller tamper  ( I could see at least 2 - 3mm gap between the basket wall and the tamper) and still managed a superb shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 4845454C4C4B2A0 link=1319620003/13#13 date=1320025810
                              Claude really showed his skills with that thic syrapy shot. I was pleasently surprised to see that he used a somewhat smaller tamper  ( I could see at least 2 - 3mm gap between the basket wall and the tamper) and still managed a superb shot.
                              I noticed that too - is that common in the professional game??

Also, pardon my ignorance (non-Melbournian here), but Im assuming from the above posts that the coffee used is Andys, roasted by him. Would that be right??

Comment

Working...
                              X