Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know youre a coffee snob when...

Its confession time.

Ive always claimed not to be a coffee snob. Id convinced myself that although Ive spent a lot of time and $$ on fresh coffee, Im not a snob because I still drink tea and instant coffee.

Last night I door-knocked the neighbours with bespoke roasted coffee parcelled up and ready to give. After two rejections and learning these heathens (actually good neighbours) dont even have machines I went home with the realisation my real cohorts are the ones also tapping away at a green screen with white text.

So Merry Chritmas fellow snobs.

Does anyone else have a "You know youre a coffee snob when..." story?

Re: You know youre a coffee snob when...

You know youre a coffee snob when you start taking photos and videos of espresso shots and latte arts.

Comment

You know youre a coffee snob when you just have to do one more roast (just in case).

Comment

You know youre a Coffeesnob when...

youve seen at least 3 of these threads before in the time youve been a member.
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1128985912
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1255469165
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1212497720

Brett.

Comment

You know youre a coffee snob when you post a reply to thread to see if another coffee snob can post a reply pointing to an earlier identical thread before a moderator moves it to that same earlier identical thread.

I wish..........

Good pickup fatboy.

Comment

Originally posted by 242336202D3B1D737B7B7B420 link=1324695271/3#3 date=1324701096
            You know youre a Coffeesnob when...

youve seen at least 3 of these threads before in the time youve been a member.
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1128985912
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1255469165
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1212497720

Brett.
            If the internet has convinced me of one thing - theres little that hasnt been said before.

Strangely though, typing the exact phrase in Google theres "No results found for "If the internet has convinced me of one thing - there is little that hasnt been said before.".

Comment

didnt see any mentioning about videoing espresso shots...there was one on photos of latte art but not many things in life are very original nowadays.

Comment

When you talk about roasting beans at home with the guys at work and they give you looks that pretty much says " i dont understand your enthusiasm about coffee".....

;D

Comment

- I listen to a cafe before ordering coffee - if I dont hear the grinder before I hear the doser thwunk, I dont want a coffee
                  - I grit my teeth and smile when someone says "this coffee is nice" and it isnt
                  - I refuse coffee from friends with "no thanks, I just had one at home" even if I havent because I probably will when I get home!
                  - Im taking 20kg+ of equipment to Christmas lunch tomorrow to make coffee for everyone...

guilty to most of the ones already posted too... damn!

edit:

- you can name the machines & grinder make and models in pics posted by the sponsors (or anyone), and you notice which sponsor has the picture backwards
                  - you get your gear posted to home and work so no single person knows just how much coffee gear and beans you buy
                  - youre on coffeesnobs at 11pm on Christmas eve...

Comment

Originally posted by 5C545C5B5157350 link=1324695271/8#8 date=1324731614
                    - youre on coffeesnobs at 11pm on Christmas eve...
                    when you are on CS at 5.43am Christmas Day while sipping on a Yirg Special Prep V60 pourover
                    Merry Christmas Snobbers everywhere

Comment

....when a necessary part of the Christmas ritual includes a special coffee for the day. I settled for a KJM blend variant. I was originally going to give this to a colleague but it smelled and looked so good, too bad, I claimed it for myself.

Have a great day all.

Comment

.....on Christmas Day you wonder around town to see if any coffee shops are open!

Comment

You know youre a coffee snob when

Well lets face it, you just know dont you!

Comment

You know youre a coffee snob when your 17 and have coffee withdrawal headaches if you dont have one in the morning. ;D

Comment

.... you visit this site at any opportunity you can just to browse.

Comment

Working...
                              X