Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does your coffee last?

Hi all

I just got a Jura Ena 9, super automatic machine. I used to drink plunger coffee, one or two a day. Now that I have the jura, Im drinking 3 or 4 cappuccinos a day!

Just wondering if this is NORMAL?! lol. I love the coffee so much that I just want to drink and drink!!!!!

Anyway, how long does a 500g bag usually last you guys? Just wondering if i will go through it really quickly or not? I think with my plunger a 500g would last a few months...which I know is a bit of a while cos I can tell the coffee is going stale.

Re: How long does your coffee last?

Probably use around 750g a week - mostly my coffees with a few to my girlfriend, and friends when they pop around

Comment

How many do you drink a day Timmy C?

Comment

Just me? I usually roast up 300grams a week for my own personal use

But then, I only have two coffees a day.

Comment

3 x 1.5 brews a day plus dropin extras we go through 1kg in about 3 weeks.

Comment

I have around 6 coffess per day, and may make 4 or 5 only per week for the others. Id go through 500 to 750gm a week.
            Weekends Id have a little more. 1st cup is milk based then after that its ristrettos till evening when I have another milk based drink.

Comment

1-1.3kg a week.............x 20g basket soon adds up

Comment

Working back through my roast records since September last year, converting green weight to roast weight, subtracting a few kilos donated to work / given away, my average consumption at home is around 320 grams / week.
                And then theres probably another 4 coffees a day at work Monday - Friday.

And no, I dont think Im over-caffeinated. I put it down to stress from work.

Amanda

Comment

Good question...been thinking about it myself. Probably 700g+ in a week. 5 coffees a day between 2 people. Dont actually have a 20g basket (15/14g Synesso ridgeless)...but Im trying small quantities of different beans Ive roasted which increases wastage, and also you lose a bit when you purge the ground coffee in the chute each morning...plus I suspect that when my other half makes her coffee in the afternoon a fair bit gets swept into the knockbox.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B3D20392A3D3C623C3A213D263C2A4F0 link=1336645843/2#2 date=1336647514
                    How many do you drink a day Timmy C?
                    I probably have a few on work days and double that on days off (4 days on, 4 days off). Also a bit of wastage, as every time I come back to the machine I will always purge the grinder, not to mention wastage from distribution. I want a grinder where I can just tamp and go (how much more do I have to spend? haha)

Comment

I go through 250g in three days on my own at home and I shudder to think how much I drink at work probably twice that much?

Comment

I drink around 2 double espressos a day and go through about 1kg a month. Depending on the beans its often not too bad at the end of the month.

Comment

I usually roast up 200 grams a week for my personal use.

Comment

Loving this thread guys! Just shows how dependant everyone is on coffee LOL!

Comment

For two of us, its about 300g a week for espresso/aeropress.

And, at the risk of getting CSers ire, I must admit we still have premium instant coffee -- about 70g a week

Comment

Working...
                              X