Decaf for evening coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decaf for evening coffee?

I  never drink coffee in the evening as it keeps me up at night.  But with my new found love for coffee I really want to have one at night after dinner and was wondering if decaf would be an option?  Can decaf taste great or even just as good as a cup of caffeinated coffee?  Is anyone in the same boat?

Re: Decaf for evening coffee?

I dont seem to be affected by caffeine, but have roasted up some decaf wow from beanbay in the past and the taste is fantastic. I reckon a lot of people would not realise its not "real" coffee (apart from the lack of hit!). At one stage I was having way too many coffees in a day, and the decaf let me enjoy the coffee flavours as much as I wanted to throughout the day without OD-ing on caffeine.

If you are not into DIY roasting, I am pretty sure you can order it roasted from beanbay.

Give it a bash.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 584B4D545857390 link=1339417818/1#1 date=1339418126
      I dont seem to be affected by caffeine, but have roasted up some decaf wow from beanbay in the past and the taste is fantastic.  I reckon a lot of people would not realise its not "real" coffee (apart from the lack of hit!).  At one stage I was having way too many coffees in a day, and the decaf let me enjoy the coffee flavours as much as I wanted to throughout the day without OD-ing on caffeine.

If you are not into DIY roasting, I am pretty sure you can order it roasted from beanbay.

Give it a bash.

Cheers
      +1 for all this. Decaf wow is the best decaf I have yet had (I havent had many though)... Have had great reviews from family when I have served it up. And you can buy it roasted from beanbay.

Comment

Yep,
        Ill have two normal coffees before going to work this morning, and make a slightly overheated Decaf Wow in a keep cup to take in with me. The Decaf is usually better (to my palate) than the super (though obviously the stuffing around with the grinder adds a bit of noise to this process).
        BOSW

Comment

Originally posted by 1035223D306C540 link=1339417818/2#2 date=1339451255
          Originally posted by 584B4D545857390 link=1339417818/1#1 date=1339418126
          I dont seem to be affected by caffeine, but have roasted up some decaf wow from beanbay in the past and the taste is fantastic.  I reckon a lot of people would not realise its not "real" coffee (apart from the lack of hit!).  At one stage I was having way too many coffees in a day, and the decaf let me enjoy the coffee flavours as much as I wanted to throughout the day without OD-ing on caffeine.

Give it a bash.

Cheers
          +1 for all this. Decaf wow is the best decaf I have yet had (I havent had many though)... Have had great reviews from family when I have served it up. And you can buy it roasted from beanbay.
          Same goes here, recently got into the Beanbay WOW decaf, roasting my own and the few that have tried " cant believe its not butter"

Also recently have been playing with couple different espresso machines at home for the first time and its a great way to practice practice without OD on caffeine, which for me happens easily

Comment

+1 for Decaf - Wow, its an awesome blend, tastes like espresso should

Now that I have a second grinder Im intending to keep it on hand for evening coffees myself.

Comment

I cant say that Ive tried the decaf wow but at my local roasters, the barista handed me 2 double ristretto flat whites and asked me to tell me if one was better than the other. They were both fantastic and low and behold one of them was decaf. Depending on where you purchase them, decaf can even taste better than caffeinated coffee!

Enjoy
              Mike

Comment

Hey guys,

Im totally new to coffee / this forum...

I also have the same issue as the OP, anything in the evening is a bad idea!

Is it possible to drink normal caff coffee without the caff side effects? Something in the roasting, bean etc??

Sorry if thats a stupid question...

Comment

Originally posted by 72756E6F646564766E6A010 link=1339417818/7#7 date=1339764587
                  Hey guys,

Im totally new to coffee / this forum...

I also have the same issue as the OP, anything in the evening is a bad idea!

Is it possible to drink normal caff coffee without the caff side effects? Something in the roasting, bean etc??

Sorry if thats a stupid question...
                  Welcome stonedwok,
                  Not a stupid question. Im pretty sure that traditional coffee is always going to have a reasonable amount of caffeine in it (I guess you could taste and spit but that wouldnt look so good while watching the sunday night movie). The swiss water method decafs can be very good (e.g. Decaf Wow, other freshly roasted decafs from your local roaster). Surely thats an easier option for you? They really are worth a try.
                  Cheers
                  BOSW

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion BOSW

Youre probably right with that easier suggestion...Ill have a look into it and other decafs in my area, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X