Silvias POD, not PID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvias POD, not PID

Rancilio has gone the way of that :lochNESPRESSO and now has pods for the Silvia and Epoca machines.

Now theres a slap in the face for espresso coffee lovers. What next? Pre-frothed milk? :-/

--robusto

Re: Silvias POD, not PID

Wouldnt the coffee be a litle stale? Sort of takes the fresh out of fresh coffee.

Comment

Pods... ouch. It wont do much for the machine "cred" either.

I hear that some corners of the planet like pods, but Im yet to see much interest in this little sunburnt island.

What next? Pre-frothed milk?
      Nice idea Robusto but maybe you could take it a step further, Queensland has a second-hand beer labeled XXXX, its only a matter of time until Nestle do the same for coffee.

...or maybe they are? How is instant made?

Comment

Of course,  XXXX beer is so-named out of consideration for Queenslanders who cant spell!!

;D  ;D  ;D

--Ro --now how do yoo spel that agen?--busto

Comment

Just give us a beer mate

Mal.

Comment

its only an option isnt it? i imagine they are selling the adaptors because people are willing to pay for them. if if you dont want them you dont have to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by muppet_man67 link=1167643277/0#5 date=1167728043
              its only an option isnt it? i imagine they are selling the adaptors because people are willing to pay for them. if if you dont want them you dont have to have them.
              Yeah- pod adaptors are common....I shudder to admit that that theyre even available for ECM and the other great Italian brands- if fact you can get one for any 58mm pf....not that Ill ever stock them

Comment

The way I see it is that if someone new to home coffee can buy a Silvia or high end espresso maker with a pod adapter they can always work their way up by ditching the pod adapter and eventually using fresh beans without having to buy a new machine. Has to be a marketing ploy to capture a bit of the market heading towards pods.

Comment

Working...
                X