Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Timing for ordering roasted coffee from Bean Bay

Hi all,
    When is the best time to place an order to get the beans as quick & fresh as possible?
    Is it best to order a day before roasting day?

Originally posted by fg1972 View Post
    Is it best to order a day before roasting day?
    I don't think it matters how soon before roast day that you order as long as it is before. Andy will ship ASAP after roasting.
    The best time to order would be during the monthly BeanBay (i.e. now) as you get reduced delivery charges. You could even choose "VIC - Veneziano- Abbotsford - 28th July 10:30-11:30 only" at the Shopping Cart delivery option and pay no delivery charge.

Comment

I didn't think Andy did browns for BeanBay pickups?

Comment

Browns or greens can be ordered during the monthly BeanBay event.

Comment

Thanks, will put an order through now, hopefully get my beans by the end of Friday

Comment

What is "the monthly BeanBay" or "Beanbay event" that flynnaus refers to? I mean, I though beanbay is always on? Does ordering at a certain time really mean no postage costs?

Comment

Once a month (usually mid-month) Andy introduces new green beans to beanbay. At this time you are able to select a pick-up point in your state to collect your order and the shipping will only cost you $1 per kilo.

Comment

Originally posted by chopinhauer View Post
                What is "the monthly BeanBay" or "Beanbay event" that flynnaus refers to? I mean, I though beanbay is always on? Does ordering at a certain time really mean no postage costs?
                See here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/beanbay-ba...ean-sales.html

It's no postage costs if you select the Veneziano pickup point I mentioned previously or directly from the CoffeeSnobs roastery in Geelong.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
                  See here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/beanbay-ba...ean-sales.html

It's no postage costs if you select the Veneziano pickup point I mentioned previously or directly from the CoffeeSnobs roastery in Geelong.
                  OK, clear but not as attractive as it first sounded.

Comment

Originally posted by chopinhauer View Post
                    OK, clear but not as attractive as it first sounded.
                    You've been a CS member since 2005 and you don't know how BeanBay works??

Comment

Hi all,

I didn't know that $1 per kilo postage specials happening in mid-months at all.

After checking Beanbay I still haven't seen any info relating to that but I guess I have to keep an eye for it from now on.

Cheers.

Comment

The $1 per kg is for pickup point delivery only, not for postage. You have to make your own way to the pickup point.

The info is in the link I published below.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
                          You've been a CS member since 2005 and you don't know how BeanBay works??
                          We all use this site differently. Me, I don't roast so don't buy green beans. And I haven't, till recently, been tempted to buy roasted beans online.

Comment

Ordered Tuesday
                            Roasting was Wednesday
                            Beans (Wow Espresso blend) arrived today (Thursday)
                            Pretty happy with that and the aroma is beautiful when opening the packet.
                            Pulled a couple of shots tonight, which passed my no sugar test with flying colours.
                            Lots of crema, dark strong flavour, very smooth with a slight sweetness.
                            I'm expecting even better taste in a day or so after they have rested a little more.
                            Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X