Have I invented something......??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I invented something......??

Probably not.... But I couldn't find it anywhere on the net...

Here's the story-
    My Coffee machine broke (Breville BES840, now replaced under warranty).. The pump gave way & couldn't push the water through the group handle.
    The steamer still worked.
    I have a Vietnamese drip filter for these emergency moments.
    I did the normal thing, about 15g in the drip filter, filled with hot water then waited... In the waiting I kind of forgot about it, once I came back the coffee was cold :-(
    Instead of micro-waving I decided to use my still working steamer on the BES840 to heat the coffee!

What happened next amazed me, the black coffee stretched (kind of like milk does).. & was left with a great smooth coffee with tones more flavour & a huge Crema.
    I have been doing this a few times a week & it's now my preferred way of having a long black.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this? & What style of coffee its called...? I guess there could be a heap of different variations but the core would be steaming a drip style black coffee.

If you haven't tried it & your a black coffee fan, give it a go!!

Interesting ?... must try.

I guess you would have to wait for the drip coffee to cool before you steam it ??

Comment

Interesting Kickerz, I'm a long black person, will try your method and report back.

Comment

yeah, mine takes ages to drip through so its only kinda warm by the time its ready... Iv noticed keeping it from boiling is better.
        It gets up temp really fast.... A little practice will get it spot on.

Comment

Working...
        X