Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Cup with Lid

Hi Guys,

There's a work initiative where people are looking for ceramic cups with silicone lids (or similar) - my first thought was that someone on here must've made/had/know of one. However, the search for "cup" is too short so if anyone can assist, please post!

Criterias are:
    - durable preferably ceramic
    - has lid
    - need to be portable as we have a lot of meetings and rushing around (OH&S)

Originally posted by lilmeh View Post
    Hi Guys,

There's a work initiative where people are looking for ceramic cups with silicone lids (or similar) - my first thought was that someone on here must've made/had/know of one. However, the search for "cup" is too short so if anyone can assist, please post!

Criterias are:
    - durable preferably ceramic
    - has lid
    - need to be portable as we have a lot of meetings and rushing around (OH&S)
    I've seen these everywhere. From kitchenware stores (Robin's Kitchen, House) to Kmart, Target, Big W. Some cafe's often sell them. I can't think of a brand at the moment, I can picture the packaging of 1 in particular, just not the brand. Have you tried a search for 'ceramic takeaway coffee cup'?

For instance: http://www.ecoathome.com.au/Eco-Home...Takeaway-Cups/

Or there's KeepCups? My preferred favourite...
    Last edited by David8; 7 September 2012, 12:22 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

I thought KeepCups were plastic..

Comment

Yes they are, but you did say "preferably ceramic", not "must be ceramic".

Comment

I've seen the ceramic ones in "$2 shops".... for less than $5

Make sure you smell the lids, yeah you will look a little odd in the store but some I've seen smell of chemicals, the good ones are silicone lids and are pretty inert.

Comment

Quite expensive, but cool looking
            Mo Mug the world's first re-usable coffee cup... with a Mo. by Tony Small — Kickstarter

Comment

I don't know about the 'world's first', we have two of them from Breville that we got from the launch of the BES900...

Comment

If you are walking around a bit, and taking coffee with you, how about one of the smaller insulated mugs??--often stainless, so even more durable than ceramic.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by shapeshifter View Post
                  I don't know about the 'world's first', we have two of them from Breville that we got from the launch of the BES900...
                  Did the Breville cups have a Mo?

Comment

Originally posted by David8 View Post
                    I've seen these everywhere. From kitchenware stores (Robin's Kitchen, House) to Kmart, Target, Big W. Some cafe's often sell them. I can't think of a brand at the moment, I can picture the packaging of 1 in particular, just not the brand. Have you tried a search for 'ceramic takeaway coffee cup'?
                    Maxwell Williams make them.

As well as S & P I think (Salt & Pepper)

I think even my local newsagent sells them!

Comment

Originally posted by timmyc View Post
                      Did the Breville cups have a Mo?
                      Dunno if the Breville ones did but the idea has been done before. I saw them at SCAA a couple of years ago
                      http://www.appendixej.com/2010/05/21...es-travel-mug/
                      I think Javaphile might have taken pictures of them too... I remember we spoke about how they would freight well (or more likely not freight well... couriers love to play football!)
                      ;-)

Comment

the only problem I have with these things is that the drinking aperture is always open.....so if I make a coffee before driving to work and stick it in the cup holder in the car there is sometimes a bit of leakage.....I guess I could put less coffee/milk in the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                          the only problem I have with these things is that the drinking aperture is always open.....so if I make a coffee before driving to work and stick it in the cup holder in the car there is sometimes a bit of leakage.....I guess I could put less coffee/milk in the cup.
                          That's why I find the KeepCup the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by KidSetzer View Post
                            That's why I find the KeepCup the best option.
                            Another vote for the KeepCup. =)

Comment

Yuh keep cups are great I have a couple in different sizes

Comment

Working...
                              X