Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many holes should a steam tip have if a steam tip could have holes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many holes should a steam tip have if a steam tip could have holes??

I have a new Diadeam which I absolutely love....It has a two hole steam tip which isn't working as well as my one hole steam tip that I had on my old Sunbeam EM6910. Is there an ideal number of holes required for the perfect stretch? The 2 holes just don't seem to swirl the milk unless you get the angle perfect..

I'm having the same issus with my VBM whereas I made killer milk with my Breville. It's all in the practice and technique.

Comment

Originally posted by espressolover View Post
      I have a new Diadeam which I absolutely love....It has a two hole steam tip which isn't working as well as my one hole steam tip that I had on my old Sunbeam EM6910. Is there an ideal number of holes required for the perfect stretch? The 2 holes just don't seem to swirl the milk unless you get the angle perfect..
      I agree with David above, it's all in the technique. I have a Diadema also, with a 2 hole steam tip. I upgraded from a tiny pathetic little sunbeam, so it was a learning curve, but I think I have the steam tip sorted now (not perfect latte art milk every time).

Comment

Are two hole tips the norm now?

My VBM is wonderful....getting better with the milk aspect each day, but still not as nice as with the little steamer from my old Saeco.

Comment

You could try the age old trick of blocking one hole to see if it helps you develop your technique !

Comment

Keep persevering with the 2-hole! It can produce wonderfully creamy milk. Are you erring on the 'watery' side or 'too foamy/bubbly' side of things?

Comment

The only real thing I am having issues with is the swirling motion. More often than not the milk turns out ok after I swirl the jug after texturing.

Comment

Originally posted by espressolover View Post
                The only real thing I am having issues with is the swirling motion. More often than not the milk turns out ok after I swirl the jug after texturing.
                So getting the milk to whirlpool? If your Diadema is anything like mine, then it should have more than enough power to whirlpool the milk. What size jug are you using? Have you tried KKs method for texturing milk?

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/milk-froth...microfoam.html

Comment

Working...
                X