Cakes and Deserts that goes well with coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakes and Deserts that goes well with coffee

I always have a few pieces of Nabisco Premium Original biscuit to go with my coffee, rarely I treat myself with a Black Forest chocolate cake I wonder what other CSer have with their coffee, something would not over power the coffee. Typo mistake should be Dessert .

Portuguese tarts

Comment

Cakes and Deserts that goes well with coffee

Wait - you mean there are cakes and desserts that DON'T go well with coffee? You learn something new every day. LOL.

Comment

This is another one of those questions which is hard to answer, So many things go well with coffee. On top of that depending how you have your coffee for example milk based, long black, filter so on and so on certain foods taste better.

I love Toast with my coffee, as for a dessert i love coffee with baclava..

Comment

How can you not mention the classic dessert...Affogato !

Comment

My better half makes a fantastic fruit cake with plenty of sherry thrown into the mix, and the contrast between the two...... WOW.

Comment

Tiramisu
              Panetone
              Kourabiethes
              Plain orange cake
              Plain chocolate cake
              Plain lemon cake
              Plain scones
              If cant get any of the above fresh, then good old malto milk or scotch finger biscuits

Comment

Coffee and a well made vanilla slice, wonderful.

Comment

croissant .or pan au chocalat

Comment

Anzacs
                    Sienna cake (panna forte)
                    Biscotti
                    Cannoli
                    And after dinner, duo of Tarago River triple cream brie and any good roquefort (bought to room temperature). Am sure a few of you will have the civet's bum expression about my preference for stinkys.

Comment

The Obvious is donuts - plain with cinnamon and sugar as well as any thing with chocolate as part of the mix. However, I do not usually consume any desert/cake/donut with my coffee, I prefer it straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X