Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake online reviews! (surely not in the coffee industry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake online reviews! (surely not in the coffee industry)

This article in todays SMH Fake online reviews mean cash-for-comment is rife

And then this one in the Australian http://video.theaustralian.com.au/22...ng-liquid-gold wonder if he made the clip simply because he loves his Lelit.

Surely your not suggesting people might post stuff online to make a $$ over the truth about a product Nothing new in or out of the coffee industry or any industry for that matter.

Comment

Most fake reviews for cafes are probably the owner or their mates.
      First time reviewers of new cafes is a dead giveaway.
      Recently saw six brilliant reviews of a new place and most were first timers.
      Odds are against that many strangers posting so quickly.

Comment

Most fake reviews for cafes are probably the owner or their mates.
        ...which is why our "Good coffee where" has a minimum post count. Most of the cafe owners mates are too lazy to get a high enough post count and will post they rubbish reviews somewhere else.

Comment

I am suspicious when there are only one or two reviews rating cafés or restaurants at 9 or 10 out of 10.

Also many of the review sites have a 3/10 next to a 9/10 for many of the top 3 hat restaurants; I wonder if the food and service was that bad. The customers may be dissatisfied if they were jilted by their partners after an expensive meal.

Barry

Comment

Cash for WHAT??

Hello Yelta and snobs
            Fake review?? Let me explain how this video came about.
            I wrote a piece for the Weekend Australian's lifestyle section about my search for the perfect coffee at home. My choice of machine ended up being the Lelit. In truth, though I do love it, it has not been flawless. This is mentioned in the article. The paper then decided it would be a good idea for the video team to come to my house (panic!) and film my nascent barista skills for a video to support the story, which was wrongly captioned a "review" by the online editors. It is not a review, and never was conceived as such. It stands, I think, as evidence that, with a little practice and training any schmuck can learn to make great coffee at home. Cash for comment? You must be joking. Haven't received a bean, nor did I expect to.
            best regards,
            cutho (registered coffee snob)

Comment

Having reached a grand total of five posts I believe I am now blessed with the ability to post links. Here's the original story in The Australian

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Cheers,
              cutho

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
              This article in todays SMH Fake online reviews mean cash-for-comment is rife

And then this one in the Australian Video: The backyard goes BANG! wonder if he made the clip simply because he loves his Lelit.

Comment

Welcome to Coffee Snobs Cutho and thanks for the explanation, things ain't always as they seem.

Comment

Working...
                X