Coffee Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Rooster

Yeah, it wasn't a typo in the subject line...

Meet "Chook Chook" the Coffee Rooster!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CoffeeRooster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	754049

He strolled into the Snobbery about a month ago when I was roasting and well, he likes our garden and has made himself at home.

Chook Chook meets me when I open the gate in the mornings (for food), wanders around to the roller door moaning at lunchtime (for food) and each evening at about 6pm hops from foot to foot waiting for another half takeaway cup of pellets before roosting in the wood pile down the side of the Snobbery.

For better or worse he won't eat coffee (green or brown) and apart from what I feed him he gets plenty of bugs in the garden.

One of our customers picking up coffee this week said he was a "Bar-ooster"

Coffee Rooster

Yeah,
    Nothing like a bit of 'rooting' in the wood pile...

Lucky bustad

Comment

of pellets before rooting in the wood pile down the side of the Snobbery.
      Oops, I fixed that typo, ta!

No girl chook chook yet, that might happen if only to confirm to my neighbours at work that I'm a whacko.

Comment

And I thought you had the answer to the eternal and deeply philosophical question of; "why did the chicken cross the road?"

No, not for a coffee.............. NO! It was for the delights of the woodpile!

Gee, I've got a woodpile..................

Comment

Coffee Rooster

:chuckle
          Hey Andy,

As long as they don't call you a chook plucker... Lol

Comment

"why did the chicken cross the road?"
            ...it's pretty obvious now it was to find a sucker that was going to spoil it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              ...it's pretty obvious now it was to find a sucker that was going to spoil it.
              with said woodpile? You're not feeding him layer pellets are you?.........;-)

Comment

Layer pellets among other things...
                These were "extra egg" pellets, I'm looking forward to seeing that happen.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm................roostereggs? Maybe a hen in the woodpile would 'do the trick' and keep 'beanie bar-rooster' happy.

Making eggs, now that'd put a smile on his face and give him something to do, other than scrambling around the snobbery all day!

Oh dear, is it getting late?
                  Last edited by chokkidog; 2 December 2012, 01:17 AM. Reason: you wouldn't want to know!

Comment

Re: Coffee Rooster

He is very handsome. You have been chosen as a good friend

Comment

Coffee Rooster

Meet "Chook Chook" the Coffee Rooster!

Layer pellets among other things...
                      These were "extra egg" pellets, I'm looking forward to seeing that happen.

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                      Hmmmmmmmm................roostereggs?

Andy, You've really got me worried now...

I can see you buttering us up here with a rather disconcerting trend...

I've heard the worlds most expensive coffee has something to do with monkeys eating beans and the 'digestive-processed' beans being later collected as monkey- eggs???

You're not trying some bizarre experiment with a rooster are you? :freaky

"Rooster Coffee" anyone? :double freaky

No? How bout a drumstick? :evil

Comment

Coming soon to beanbay................... Andy's new coffee, Barooster Blend, it's finger lickin' good!

Comment

roostereggs?
                          That's my retirement package if that happens!

You're not trying some bizarre experiment with a rooster are you?
                          Sadly he's got no interest in eating coffee beans so the experiment stopped before it started.

He is very handsome. You have been chosen as a good friend
                          He chose me, he can come and go as he likes but seems to think he's on a pretty good thing here. We can only think he was dumpped in the parklands across from the Snobbery for being too verbal... he chats during the day a bit which is a nice change to industrial noise in the area.

He is a good looker, I've got no idea what breed he is or what sort of girlfriend(s) to get him.

Comment

He is a good looker, I've got no idea what breed he is or what sort of girlfriend(s) to get him.
                            I think he's the Japanese type known as onagadori or long-tailed chicken.

Comment

So no Kopi Rooster in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X