Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay quantities..

Hi guys,

Can't post in BeanBay forums so was wondering if there's a reason why the minimum quantities for Roasted is 500g?
    It would be so good to have 250g packs..

The postage would cost almost as much as the coffee.

Comment

If it's variety you are after then how about the Sample Pack with 4X250g different beans?
      Great for over the Christmas period when you have the chance to squeeze a few extra coffees into the day, with family and friends visiting etc.

Comment

Because I live alone and I can only go through 250g max in a fortnight..

Comment

It's simple, you just need to drink way more coffee!! After the first 2-3 doubles the caffine may stop having an effect

On a serious note 250g x two weeks = 500g, is that really an issue? Two weeks should be ok?
          Last edited by insomnispresso; 11 December 2012, 08:44 PM. Reason: added second paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by lilmeh View Post
            Because I live alone and I can only go through 250g max in a fortnight..
            This is the reason why I started home roasting but I go through 250g a week and more when I have friends of mine or my partners over, the saving soon makes up for the roaster and greens

Comment

It would be so good to have 250g packs..
              I agree it would be good but the bag costs, the extra time (labour) to pack them and as mentioned above the freight costs stop it from being viable.

Similar coffees are sold for $50-$60/kg at other places, we prefer to pack and ship in bulk and pass the savings across to you ($30-$40/kg). You pretty much get "free freight" that way.

Best bet if 500g is too much is to organise a buying group amongst your friends, family or workmates. We have quite a few people buy 3kg lots at $30/kg + $11 freight and then split it up between a group.

Comment

Working...
              X