Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planing to build my own espresso Machine !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planing to build my own espresso Machine !

Ok here we go
    after building by own coffee roaster link to the post on it here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/3...ts-photos.html
    well I have it in my head to build my own espresso machine ( I promised my self a good machine for my 40th Bday so 9 months to get it done). I was originally planing to get a good automatic machine strip it down refine and re skin it in a new case. But now I'm swinging towards a leaver machine getting the same above treatmen, and my latest idea is to build my own leaver head and create the whole thing from scratch ( yes I do like a challenge ). So I thought I'd through it out there to see if anyone has done something along these lines or if any one knows if there are interinal diagrams of leaver group heads any where out there that I can look over . Any info or thoughts would be much appreciated.

the la pavoni europiccola is a pretty simple thing. should be possible to clone it. seems to be diagrams on the web.

ps all the seals etc are available on ebay
    Last edited by richard_m_h; 30 December 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

There were a few blokes in Melbourne a while ago that made clone vintage Gaggia lever machines from scratch, doing their own group castings etc. Will try to dig up the info.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
        There were a few blokes in Melbourne a while ago that made clone vintage Gaggia lever machines from scratch, doing their own group castings etc. Will try to dig up the info.
        Here you go coffee machinist.It was a very impressive job;

From the ground up - Lever Espresso Machines • Home-Barista.com

Comment

Thanks for the info after looking into it a bit more I may go with the re skinning leaver first and then look at doing a full build in the future but that may change as I'm not totally sold on what direction I'm going to go as yet

Comment

Well I'm thinking of using this unit as the business end for this project, I have read a couple of reviews on the unit from what I can gather they are a very easy and stable (heat wise ) machine to use but with a rough finish . But as I intend to fully re skin and re vamp the unit I'm not to concerned with that, but of any one has any thoughts or experience about this unit it would be very much appreciated PONTE VECCHIO LUSSO

LEVER X 2

Comment

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
              X