My DIY Scace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DIY Scace

for a bit of fun and because i scored a suitable pressure gauge for free , i have made up my own scace.

The scace is built onto a backflush disk which fits into a blind portafilter: it can be removed from the portafilter when done and easily re fitted.

The hardest part was making a bleed system; in the end i have a 1/4" bolt drilled and tapped with a 3mm bolt which can be loosened or tightened to allow the required flow.

I adjusted it to give 30ml in 20 seconds ( flow rate 1/2 way between a single and double shot)

I also have access to calibration so calibrated the gauge to 135psi (9 bar) so i know its accurate to about 1%.

I've used it to calibrate my Izzo Alex and the good news is the gauge on the Izzo is exactly on 9 bar after calibration. I needed to do this becuase Chris calibrates them using tank water feed and in the plumbed in setup you have additional pressure.

Interested in any feedback- have i missed anything?
    Attached Files

Temperature! Without a temp probe of some sort this is not a 'scace' or anything resembling one, but its a bloody nice pressure test device. Love that huge calibrated gauge!

Comment

yeah its a Wika 0-500psi reference Gauge which they had to give us when they shipped us some dodgy transducers ( long time ago mind you- good product). Straight out of Batman's Batcave. full NATA certification.

Temp sensing i might address later but it aint that simple as bunging a probe in there.

Comment

Incidentally and slightly OT, sorry, I've been trying to find a source for Wika gauges in melbourne / Oz generally. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
          Incidentally and slightly OT, sorry, I've been trying to find a source for Wika gauges in melbourne / Oz generally. Any ideas?
          ->>> Buy Analogue Positive Pressure Gauges Pressure,gauge,50mm,bottom entry,R1/8,1.6 bar/psi WIKA 7833926 online from RS for next day delivery.

edit

and here ->>>http://www.wika.com.au/contact_distr...ActiveID=22922
          Last edited by alittlewino; 8 February 2013, 07:47 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
            just posted a couple of links for you and they were there for a while and now have disappeared??????

google Wika aus and you'll find the info you need or RS electronics and Blackwoods sell their gauges - no association with either/any/nada

this thread and a little more reading got motivated to do the volumetric check on my Silvia Ver 1 and find that on volume the pressure is way too high 150ml/min or 12 bar!!

just put in a copper washer and got 280ml - now to re-learn everything all over again - always wondered why my grind was near the bottom limit of the Rocky

Comment

We have an oem deal with wika they do have a Melbourne office , but their sales contact is in sydney. See their website in contacts section.

They have an amazing range of stuff it's cherman so it must be gut!

Comment

so good even the Swiss use German gauges! Thanks all, Blackwoods seem to have what I want. 40 mm side entry plastic housing in a range of kPA. Win.

Comment

Working...
                X