Starbucks - 40 Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks - 40 Shots

Starbucks have finally had enough of not being taken seriously..... oh well, looks like we can't hang it on 'em any more I guess!

Only in America: Introducing the 40-shot coffee | News.com.au

This has gotta be just a stunt/gimmick/PR nonsense, right?
    If legit, I would think this is heart attack material.
    On the other hand, I guess it is just 'natural selection' at work.

Comment

Here's the case of a woman who drank 10 litres of coke a day, ingesting twice the safe level of caffeine and a kilo of sugar.

Suffice to say, she's now dead.

Coroner finds drinking too much Coke killed mother

Comment

I cant believe someone would even make that coffee let alone drink it!

Comment

That's 29 cans of coke daily, at about 80mg caffeine each, is 2300mg of caffeine to go with the kilo of sugar! Who drinks 10 litres of any fluid a day anyway! Even that much water a day would be lethal. Amazingly this woman's husband thinks we "should be aware what it can do, especially to small kids..." Guess they don't call this place Inbredcargill for nothing. Darwin award duly earned.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeya_Latte View Post
            Starbucks have finally had enough of not being taken seriously..... oh well, looks like we can't hang it on 'em any more I guess!
            A friend sent that to me the other day, personally, if somebody in front of me ordered that, I'd be inclined to punch them in the head, assuming they use 2 groups to make the thing it'll take at least 15 mins just to pull the shots...

Comment

assuming they use 2 groups to make the thing it'll take at least 15 mins just to pull the shots...
              Actually they could do it in 5 minutes using two groups. Using a double basket each group would produce 2 shots every 30 seconds. With 2 groups going that's 4 shots every 30 seconds or 8 shots every minute.

Java "A 40 shot drink at StarChar would contain 1,600mg of caffeine." phile
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                Actually they could do it in 5 minutes using two groups. Using a double basket each group would produce 2 shots every 30 seconds. With 2 groups going that's 4 shots every 30 seconds or 8 shots every minute.
                Oh yeah, miscalculated along the way somewhere. But it'd still be more like 8-10 minutes with grinding, dosing, tamping, knocking out and cleaning.

Regardless, it's still a ridiculous wait for a single drink.

Comment

The shot count has been upped to 48 now!

Comment

coffee for caffeine addicts?

Personally I would prefer several smaller coffees.

Comment

Dont they get it, they can't even make one cup right! How is doing that 48 times going to be any different..

Quality > Quantity

Comment

Working...
                      X