Identify the machine game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify the machine game

Hi all have a photo of a machine and I need to determine if it will churn out decent coffee at the office. Do you know this machine? Can I get it with an unpressurised PF? What's the PF size?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363745688.714339.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	754358

The machine appears to be a Lumina Signature Semi Auto Model 8010-1. Currently one on EvilBay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lumina Signature.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	733844

Don't imagine the command a very high price. Appears to have been sold by Aldi for $179 new. See link below

Review of ALDI Lumina Signature Espresso Machine $179.00 | Know Your Product

Comment

Saeco group by the looks of it, brass PF if you're lucky, aluminium if you're not. Should be easy to remove the 'crema filter' in the base of it.

Comment

Hmm... Feels like that chances of getting good coffee out of this is grim to say the least then...

Comment

It is the lumina. The guys at the office wanted me to see if I can salvage and use this machine. It's a 51mm basket and PF. Doesn't seem that I can take the plastic out to make it unpressurised. Can we get a new compatible PF? It must I tell them there is no hope... Here's a pic of the PF... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363838312.202735.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	733849

Comment

Originally posted by brokenvase View Post
            It is the lumina. The guys at the office wanted me to see if I can salvage and use this machine. It's a 51mm basket and PF. Doesn't seem that I can take the plastic out to make it unpressurised. Can we get a new compatible PF? It must I tell them there is no hope... Here's a pic of the PF... [ATTACH]2506[/ATTACH]
            Maybe try it out as is. You never know you may get lucky. Alot of the lower price Sunbeam and Breville machines use a 51mm portafilter. You'd need to check the lug size and height from the top of the portafilter as well as the rim of the filter basket to see if they might fit. I think the Sunbeam are a 3 lug design though. Not sure about the Breville.

Comment

Working...
            X