Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re building an E61 two group machine

Hi coffee people
    well my next project is starting to take shape, I'm planing to open a small coffee shop at the end of the year and to this end I have been looking at many different machines but as I have both the resources and the ability I have decide to re build and re skin a machine . I got very lucky and have been given a 2 group E61 leaver machine in very good nick, this will be the base for my new machine. My question is about moving the group heads away from the boiler . My new design will move the group heads about 150mm further away from the boilers thermal couple unit . Does any one know if this would have a adverse affect on the water temp reaching the group heads or are there ways to increase the temperature from the boiler . Any info would be much appreciated .

for certain it will make a difference, but how much is difficult to guess.
    Remember the group is heated by the thermosyphon effect from the boiler, so distance, and relative height will both play a part as well as tubing size, routing and any restrictor /regulator valve system that may or may not be installed.
    I suspect you will need to do a bit of testing !

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
      for certain it will make a difference, but how much is difficult to guess.
      Remember the group is heated by the thermosyphon effect from the boiler, so distance, and relative height will both play a part as well as tubing size, routing and any restrictor /regulator valve system that may or may not be installed.
      I suspect you will need to do a bit of testing !
      Thanks blend52 I figured that would be the case . I'm looking at maby fitting a secondary boiler with PID for each group head but ill have to see how it behaves. As u say a bit of testing and experimenting

Comment

Working...
      X