Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisbane Barista Training recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane Barista Training recommendations?

Hey everyone,

Just wanting to ask if anyone can recommend a great Barista training company or person? I want to upscale my skills for home and the potential of opening (another) little coffee business in the near future. Recently buying a beautiful Nuova Simonelli Musica, I realised that my skills have got a bit shabby since I did training about 15+ years ago. And as I am a classic Coffee Snob and want to drink the best, I would want to offer the best in any place I operate.

I would rather be trained by someone who is absolutely obsessed by brilliant coffee creation than by a TAFE school etc who pumps out students with average skills. Does anyone know if some of our rather fabulous Brisbane Cafe's/Barista's do training sessions or classes?

I know Merlo and Di Bella train, but anyone else like Cup?

thanks

Wolff Roasters do a course I think? (Dandelion & Driftwood)

Comment

Pretty sure Josh at Cup speciality coffee does training.
      Also Luke shilling at Ltd espresso and brew bar does on Saturday I think.
      Contact them for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by thebookfreak58 View Post
        Wolff Roasters do a course I think? (Dandelion & Driftwood)
        Thanks I know Peter and D & D, will check with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
          Pretty sure Josh at Cup speciality coffee does training.
          Also Luke shilling at Ltd espresso and brew bar does on Saturday I think.
          Contact them for more info.
          Hey thanks Ronin, Ltd is not far from me and I will suss Luke out....I lurve his work I also love Josh's coffee at Cup, wonder if they train from their new location at the Gabba?

Comment

Hi Kazbah,

Cup currently does not do any 'official' training, but it's worth asking Josh as he (or one of the baristas) may be able to do something informally.

Best of luck

Comment

Also have a look at Coffee Roasters in West End Commercial non-sponsor link removed. They built a training room at their premises just last year.
              Last edited by Javaphile; 28 June 2013, 04:10 PM. Reason: commercial link removed

Comment

thefix Caffeine Consultants is a fantastic place for training, brewing out of their flagship store Jimbos & Co.. Owner Matt has been top of his game in Brisbane for a number of years, the mastermind behind Two Cups, Spring Hill and The Blue Poppy, Morningside . He knows how to whip up a tasty coffee, that's for sure!
                Last edited by Javaphile; 4 July 2013, 05:38 AM. Reason: commercial link removed

Comment

Working...
                X