Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimac in oz?

Hi all,

I am using a Grimac La Uno at home which was purchased from Grinders Coffee a few years ago only to find out that Grinders Coffee no longer are the Australian distributors for this line. Would anyone know who now handles Grimac machines (if anyone) in Australia, spare parts, repairs??.

Thanks very much.

papsco

Re: Grimac in oz?

Only 691 days for your first post papsco.

You deserve a quick answer after waiting patiently for a deserving post.
    Im not the one to help you though.

Where are you located?
    Google shows a WA parts supplier so all is not lost.
    Another possible one in VIC.
    There may be more.

Comment

paspco.

Te best way will be contacting Grimac Italy and ask them.

I will send an email tonight and let you know as soon I get answer.

regards

Renzo

Comment

a) Telephone Diamond-C Services in Melbourne;

b) I realise THAT company are nolonger the Australian Distributors of that brand but that usually doesnt mean they dont have good stocks of spare parts or would refuse to service what they have previously been agents for and sold to you...

Regardz,
        FC.

Comment

Originally posted by papsco link=1171973688/0#0 date=1171973688
          Hi all,

I am using a Grimac La Uno at home which was purchased from Grinders Coffee a few years ago only to find out that Grinders Coffee no longer are the Australian distributors for this line. Would anyone know who now handles Grimac machines (if anyone) in Australia, spare parts, repairs??.

Thanks very much.

papsco
          Double-Shot, what sort of parts are you looking for?

Comment

Wow! so many peolple wanting to help, brilliant! thanks so much.

I have tried emailing Grimac in Italy several times but have received no reply (unlike Mazzer in Italy who didnt reply to an email a few years ago but instead rang me, what great service they provide).

I am in Melbourne and i have contacted Grinders Coffee but they have not been of any help, perhaps it was just the person that i spoke to on that day.

The part i am looking for is a steam valve or just the shaft of the steam valve as mine is now leaking but apart from this i would like to know who to contact should my La Uno one day decide it doesnt want to produce a coffee that i just cant seem to get from any cafe, anywhere. So yes, i would require it to be fixed asap.

Once again, thanks everyone, very much appreciated and perhaps i should post a bit more often Thundergod.

Regards

double shot

Comment

Double Shot,

Grimac started off making parts for several coffee machine manufacturers. So I wouldnt be suprised if the part you want is generic to others whose parts ARE readily obtainable.  The problem is cross-referencing what fits what.

--Robusto

PS: http://<span style="color:#009900">W...rts.com</span>  In Washington, USA sells Grimacs and parts.  Ive emailed them asking  about shipping to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by papsco link=1171973688/0#5 date=1172052534
                (unlike Mazzer in Italy who didnt reply to an email a few years ago but instead rang me, what great service they provide).
                Got this level of service from Bezzera too when I contacted them a little while ago for some info. Certainly gives you confidence in their equipment when they are happy to support Bezzera owners from so far away 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Espressoparts USA has responded, and they do sell and ship Grimac parts to Australia via the US parcel, or the US postal service. Postla is cheper.

--Robusto

Comment

All this talk of buying parts from 20 zillion miles away is making my head spin. There should be no problem sourcing service / parts locally.

So let me repeat:

It would be most unusual for a company to refuse to continue servicing a machine they sold to you. Yes, you were probably shunted onto the wrong person and I would suggest ringing them again.

It would also be most unsual for them to have suddenly off loaded all the spare parts they would have been carrying.

Failing that, contact Diamond Services (Diamond - C or whatever they call themsleves) in Melbourne.

Failing that try "Ronita" in Leichhardt Sydney.

The steam valve in the La Uno was a crappy affair, and it may be they nolonger hold stock of the V Seal or that it is nolonger available due to obsolescence....but that doesnt mean there may not be an alternative service suggestion...but to find that out, you have to call someone local who can help and not just put a possibly useless spare part for a possibly unserviceable valve, in the mail.

Regardz,
                    FC.

Comment

Thanks again guys,

I will try Grinders Coffee again and see what they have to say (i have really been put off them since their move to their new premises, poor service). Yes i agree, i should be able to source a part locally but as a last resort its good to know that someone, somewhere in the world holds spare parts.

I am greatfull to all that helped, keep up the great work coffee snobs...

Time to get on the phone again....

double shot.

Comment

I saw a grinders rep servicing a grimac machine when I was at the hair dressers last week. sounds like you got shafted.

Comment

Yep! certainly sounds like it, looks like the person i spoke to at Grinders just wanted to get home and couldnt be bothered talking to me. I will hang up if i get put through to the same person again and call back later.
                          There are so many cafes around that serve Grinders coffee and use Grimac machines that yeah! parts are still widely available, perhaps they just want to look after the cafes where they make their money more so than a home user like me.

I hope the haircut was to your satisfaction muppet_man67 and that the hairdresser was one of the trendy types with a shiny machine serving coffee in the shop.

Comment

Hi papsco,

Ask for Frank in spare parts. I needed a few parts for an older Grimac ,got the parts express post in a couple of days. He was really helpful. Hope this helps.

Martin.

Comment

Thanks Martin, i take it that Frank works for Grinders Melbourne?, i think i may have heard his name being mentioned in the workshop, when i was last there ages ago. I will definately do that when i ring Grinders, he may be more helpful then the other person i spoke to.
                              Finances dont allow me to buy the part straight away but when i do i will post here.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X