Talk Coffee Precision basket vs VST basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk Coffee Precision basket vs VST basket

Finally got time to try out the Precision basket yesterday , pulled half dozen of shots using Precision basket results are consistent, very much rich brown color centre pour each time, noticebly the holes pattern are different to the VST basket pattern. Happy to use it anytime. Mexican El Malinal Typica in the cup.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by summercrema; 27 June 2013, 11:34 AM.

So which one is better?

Comment

Too soon to tell.

Comment

Fair enough! I'm tossing up between the two at the moment. (For use on a Silvia)

Comment

I have tried both and would go for the Talk Coffee Precision Basket any day. The VSTs were much too finicky getting a great pour for my liking.

I sold my VST baskets when I found the TCPBs.

Comment

Does anyone have an exact size?

My tamper fits nicely into the stock Gaggia double but when I got a ridged double from 5Senses I found it had about 1.5-2mm space around the whole circumfrence.

My tamper is a Xavier Heavy Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
              Does anyone have an exact size?

My tamper fits nicely into the stock Gaggia double but when I got a ridged double from 5Senses I found it had about 1.5-2mm space around the whole circumfrence.

My tamper is a Xavier Heavy Duty.
              I cant tell you exact size (again) but im running the TC / EP 14g variant (easily holds 18g) in the classic and it performs much better than the stock.

My 58mm tamper fit reasonably well in the stock basket, not enough of a gap to cause any problems and is a slightly tighter fit in the TC / EP basket.

I have been using a slight nutating tamp for some time and find it to be beneficial for keeping the walls clean, among other things, like more even extractions.

I dont think you will be disappointed with these baskets, very user friendly.

Comment

Oooh, slightly tighter sounds perfect.

Ordering me one of these for sure...

Comment

We find them very consistent. Our Bogav Assassin is a 58.5 and you wouldn't want any bigger.

Comment

Working...
                  X