Broadsheet article on Mark Dundon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadsheet article on Mark Dundon

'Dundon also feels that recent years have seen too much of a focus on the barista – coupled with the hype surrounding exclusive, expensive coffees – and too little on what the customer actually wants. “We’ve got these baristas saying ‘Today we have this stunning Geisha at $20 a cup, which you must have’, while customers are saying ‘Just give me a farking good coffee and get out of my face’. So true!
    Last edited by Javaphile; 10 July 2013, 08:15 PM. Reason: language

I've never met a barista that has tried to shove Gesha coffee in my face unless I asked what was tasting good on that day/what they're running for filter/S.Os, in which case shoving Gesha in my face is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by fractalsonfire View Post
      I've never met a barista that has tried to shove Gesha coffee in my face unless I asked what was tasting good on that day/what they're running for filter/S.Os, in which case shoving Gesha in my face is ok.
      I concur with fractal's comments. Specialty cafes offering the option of brewing methods are always keen to relate what they have on offer and giving taste descriptors to help decide on my choice of origin and brew method.
      It is great to see more and more cafes offering the brewed option with quality choices!!

Comment

Working...
      X