Caffeine variability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine variability

I've noticed since buying fresh roasted beans and grinding as needed that the caffeine effects seem a lot smother-less jittery-and this is with double shots-has anyone else noticed this? Why would this be?

I have thought the same thing but there are other variables in my case - I started drinking coffee more regularly when I started roasting and I also started enjoying the coffee more often. Possibly a combination of more tolerace from more consumption and better mood from better taste, if I have a good cup in the morning it gives me a buzz not just from the pleasant cup but also from a sense of acheivement. But yes, I haven't had that over caffeinated jitteriness in a long time.

Comment

Cant say I noticed. That said I do start my morning with a small long macciatto (two double shots), and occasionally an additional espresso. Clearly Im not very caffeine sensitive.
      If you've also changed beans could it be a varietal thing? Robusta reportedly have a higher concentration of caffeine than arabica, so perhaps you have switched from a robusta blend to all arabica?

That, or it's some kind of placebo effect.

Comment

Possibly whatever you were previously using was robusta and had a higher caffeine content?

Comment

Working...
        X