Current Worldwide Annual Coffee Consumption per capita

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee consumption per capita.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	754826

Java "Time for another cuppa!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Even in my most conservative estimate (weekdays only) I consume over 11.3 kg/yr. :O

Comment

Be interesting to see what kinds of coffees they drink. Espresso isn't exactly common in the US and yet USA and coffee are almost synonymous. I was surprised Scandinavia is so high - maybe coffee has cold insulation properties? And Canada...?

Must be a lot of non-drinkers in Aussieland - I'm a light drinker and I'd be over 5kg already this year. Either that or there's less coffee in the instant crap than they'd like us to believe...

Comment

It could be that the Europeans have better coffee than everyone else and so they consume more Or as Journeyman said,the bloody cold weather might just have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
          Be interesting to see what kinds of coffees they drink. Espresso isn't exactly common in the US and yet USA and coffee are almost synonymous. I was surprised Scandinavia is so high - maybe coffee has cold insulation properties?
          I spent a couple of weeks on holiday travelling through Sweden and Denmark a few years ago. I don't know about cold insulation but there was plenty of great modern cafes in both countries serving good quality espresso.

Comment

Working...
          X