X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like some Ratsak with that?

From this mornings Australian.
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-accuse...820-2s7up.html
    An earlier report said the woman noticed green granules in her instant coffee and thought "that's unusual"
    Last edited by Yelta; 20 August 2013, 01:32 PM.

Not sure what is wrong with that link but it doesn't work at all in Firefox and Chrome gives a 'Can't Find' error. And Google for 'coffee ratsak' doesn't give the story on The Australian website.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
      Not sure what is wrong with that link but it doesn't work at all in Firefox and Chrome gives a 'Can't Find' error. And Google for 'coffee ratsak' doesn't give the story on The Australian website.
      Try the link now JM, have changed it to the SMH.

Comment

Yep, that works...

Are they sure it was poison and not just that instant coffee with green beans in it?

I'm surprised there were 'some taste issues' - most instant coffee drinkers wouldn't ahve much of a palate.

Comment

I thought green coffee helped with weight loss?

Comment

Originally posted by astr0b0y View Post
            I thought green coffee helped with weight loss?
            If consumed regularly over a period of time this particular blend may well help with weight loss, eventually.

Comment

It also may improve the flavour of instant.

Barry

Comment

That is seriously terrible. No laughing matter at all. I mean, it is the stuff of nightmares and it is really horrible to think that there are people out there who would willingly do this kind of harm to others. Regardless of how bad a person might be...slowly trying to kill them off is just another level of evil.

No funny end joke here, folks. I am seriously disturbed that this poor woman has had her life threatened like this. In fact, not only threatened but at first, her claims and suspicions were ignored until recently validated. I wonder what she had to go through to get someone to finally believe her.

Its a kind of hell I for one would never wish to find myself in.

Comment

Originally posted by scoota_gal View Post
                  That is seriously terrible. No laughing matter at all. I mean, it is the stuff of nightmares and it is really horrible to think that there are people out there who would willingly do this kind of harm to others. Regardless of how bad a person might be...slowly trying to kill them off is just another level of evil.

No funny end joke here, folks. I am seriously disturbed that this poor woman has had her life threatened like this. In fact, not only threatened but at first, her claims and suspicions were ignored until recently validated. I wonder what she had to go through to get someone to finally believe her.

Its a kind of hell I for one would never wish to find myself in.
                  I understand your thoughts here scoota_gal, not trying to play down the fact that here life was threatened in this way.

What I and I'm sure others find incongruous is knowing what instant coffee looks like, as well as Rat poison (pale green chook pellets) a combination of the two would most certainly look like no instant coffee I've ever seen.
                  How the guy hoped for a successful outcome is a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Yelta, it sounded to me as if the ratsak had been ground up into the coffee but I agree, it is certainly not something that you'd think would dissolve like instant coffee would. Seems that it had been happening over time and it was at the very least making her sick. Still, makes you wonder about the motives for doing such a thing ie, was he just wanting her to be sick all the time or was he hoping that eventually she'd die from it? Either way, its still horrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X