Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1377609386.059732.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	754886Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1377609403.418556.jpg
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	754887

Any other dessert recipe you guys have using espresso? Share the sweetness around

Tiramisu, all the way.

Also brownies with a shot poured over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
      Tiramisu, all the way.
      Made tiramisu for the first time last week. Felt nice to be using espresso extracted from home roasted beans. Instead of double espresso shots, I think that next time I'll be dipping the savoiardi biscuits in more of a long black equivalent. The tiramisu was incredibly strong espresso wise (I really liked it, but my standard coffee is a double ristretto). I think that at least one guest found it a bit challenging.

Comment

ooo... good call... Tiramisu this weekend then

Comment

Don't have a photo but the missus makes triple-choc-espresso brownies with espresso creamcheese frosting that have the guys at the pub putting aside their beer to get a taste of...

She's mine, back away...

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
            She's mine, back away...
            the dessert or the missus?

any chance for a recipe?

Comment

The missus... and not sure - would have to ask her. (not here right now...)

Comment

Ah - pics too - of the dessert!

Comment

Well, I "invented" something, nearly (should I admit this?) 50 years ago. Waaay before I had an espresso machine at home - had a moka pot, then an Atomic, can't remember the year.
                  A friend of ours owned a coffee lounge. Every time we went there, he'd put me in service, pulling shots. Anyway, when the place quieted down a bit, I used to fill a glass with whipped cream and pulled a double "short black" over it. Very slimming! Some people saw me do it and wanted some too. :-)

Comment

Not sure what became of the 'baking with coffee' thread, but it had a ripper recipe for coffee cheesecake... only enhanced by replacing the plain biscuit base with Arnott's choc ripple biscuits and ~20g of ground coffee

Comment

My feeling is you cant beat a good vanilla slice! Just so happens this recipe was in todays SMH, ok, no coffee, but, they are seriously good.
                      Debbie Skelton recipes|Vanilla slice recipe

Comment

Ok. Tiramisu was a success. Doesn't look pretty but fresh good espresso sure makes a difference... Yummy

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1378037882.579849.jpg
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	734770
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1378037896.763025.jpg
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	734771

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                          Ok. Tiramisu was a success. Doesn't look pretty but fresh good espresso sure makes a difference... Yummy

[ATTACH]4189[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]4190[/ATTACH]
                          So, that looks identical to the tiramisu I made at mine in Hobart. Same dish, same benchtops, freakin' me out right now. /twilight-zone

Looks freaking delicious though...

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post

[ATTACH]4189[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]4190[/ATTACH]
                            Salivating and it's before 7 am... I have a sugar problem.

Comment

Made a double batch of the taste.com.au tiramisu recipe last night (forgetting how much it makes)... I was about to use a mate's Europiccola until I realised exactly how long it was going to take to do 4 cups worth of strong long black with something that pours 20ml shots from an 11g basket.

Made french-press, which was really nice, but I think I preferred it last time with the espresso.

Kwantfm, I reckon it'd be strong using straight shots... dayum.

Comment

Working...
                              X