Moccona - is it coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moccona - is it coffee?

I was having an argument with the family the other night (I cant remember what about) and went to make a point by pulling out the jar of instant from the pantry and saying something like "and they call THIS coffee!".

It was then I noticed that the label on a jar of Moccona does NOT proclaim it to be coffee.

See for yourself.  

Re: Moccona - is it coffee?

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1173353195/0#0 date=1173353195
    I was having an argument with the family the other night (I cant remember what about) and went to make a point by pulling out the jar of instant from the pantry and saying something like "and they call THIS coffee!".

It was then I noticed that the label on a jar of Moccona does NOT proclaim it to be coffee.

See for yourself.  

We always suspected....

At least theyre not guilty of false advertising!!

BTW TG, nice art!!

Comment

Yeah but it didnt help my argument.
      Whod a thought?

Re art: Thanks.
      Want something pretty for yourself?

Comment

What are the ingredients listed?

Only has to have 50% chicken to be called chicken nuggets.

Maybe its 50% something?

Comment

hmmm...Im rather concerned about what this might be doing in your pantry in the first place?

Comment

I think hes using it to absorb moisture.

Comment

I didnt say it was "my" pantry.
              Read the post again, "the" pantry.
              Maybe I should have said "the wifes" pantry.
              But in reality its her coffee.

She had women over for a dress selling party last night and I only had a little bit of coffee left so hid in the study when I got home from karate.
              The intention was that if any of them wanted "coffee" she would give them instant.

In the end though only two wanted coffee that late in the evening after the party so I emerged and made two "real coffees".

P.S nunu - ROFL

Comment

Well I reckon like vegemite it could legitimately be referred to as an extract but a coffee, rather than yeast extract.

Also think that is serves Nunus purpose better than its intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1173353195/0#6 date=1173398426
                  I didnt say it was "my" pantry.
                  Read the post again, "the" pantry.
                  Maybe I should have said "the wifes" pantry.
                  But in reality its her coffee.

She had women over for a dress selling party last night and I only had a little bit of coffee left so hid in the study when I got home from karate.
                  The intention was that if any of them wanted "coffee" she would give them instant.

In the end though only two wanted coffee that late in the evening after the party so I emerged and made two "real coffees".

P.S nunu - ROFL
                  hmmm again...sounds like a very in-depth justification...lol

Comment

Just got the brochures out of the mail box.
                    The Woolies one has Nescafe on special.

Funny....the Gold, Blend 43 and Noir all do not have the word "coffee" on the label.

Comment

And International Roast.... No coffee on the label.

"the smooth, satisfying taste of quality coffee beans......"

So they claim it has the taste of coffee.... not that it actually IS coffee.

Comment

That explains why instant tastes totally unlike the real thing. To think of how many billions of people are being conned by this...... :P

Maybe it means that no coffee beans were harmed in the production of those beverages?

Comment

Maybe they just do huge batches of CP, then freeze dry the stuff.

Comment

I just had a look on an "instant" coffee tin that is sitting on the bench in our office. Nescafe Blend 43. Best before 13/10/2005... I have a feeling it has been topped up and the tin just kept for convienience sake. On the label it says, and i quote "Ingredients: Coffee Beans"

Comment

Oooh now I remember my mum used to drink about 12 cups of Moccona back when she was doing her postgraduate studies (about 20 years ago).

That might explain why shes easily in a bad mood (Im quite sure it had nothing to do with 2 teenage kids).

:

Comment

Working...
                              X