No announcement yet.

cold process - old links I cant get to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold process - old links I cant get to?

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1141872695/5#5
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1136514307/11#8
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1140901380/0#0

these are some that I found while searching the topic, but I cant get these to work - they just take me to the home page

I would like to know about to make a cafe latte from CP - will it be too cold?

I have read many articles from google searching and the ratios of coffee/water varies tremendously

thanks
    Last edited by Javaphile; 6 February 2014, 03:30 PM. Reason: Add the d to cold in the title

Those are links from a previous hosting software. The current system uses a completely different organizational method.

The ratio of CP to water/milk/whatever will vary widely according to the brewing ratio, process, liquid mixed with, and of course individual tastes.

Java "CP rocks!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I know you are THE MAN of CP! - can you point me to some links I can read on the forum please?

I guess I'm after the most concentrated concentrate so that adding hot milk will give me the required temp without having to heat the concentrate first

would 1 cup of ground coffee to 2 cups of water be good?

Comment

No links off the top of my head. Use the advanced search here and you'll find all the discussions your heart, or your taste buds, could desire.

My standard ratio is 5 pounds of coffee to 14 quarts of water.

Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile

Comment

I've tried many searches using this site with google. Can't find much on making hot coffee with cold process. Almost all results are for iced coffee. I've been on fora for about 15 years and found forum searches to be very hard.

With this 5.8:1 ratio, do you make hot drinks? If so, does the concentrate need to be heated first? Coming out of the fridge, I'm worried about Luke warm lattes!

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wat44 View Post
            I've tried many searches using this site with google.
            There's your mistake. Discussions about CP/Cold Process/Cold Press/Cold Brew on here date back almost to the beginning of CS. Google only displays results going back ~2 years as that is their publicly stated 'throw away' date. Again, use the advanced search function on here to find all of the posts on the subject.

Can't find much on making hot coffee with cold process. Almost all results are for iced coffee. I've been on fora for about 15 years and found forum searches to be very hard.

With this 5.8:1 ratio, do you make hot drinks? If so, does the concentrate need to be heated first? Coming out of the fridge, I'm worried about Luke warm lattes!

thanks
            While most posts on the subject deal with using CP in iced/cold drinks there are some about using it for making hot drinks.

In the end nobody can answer your 'will it be luke warm' question but you. What is to cold? What is to hot? Everybody uses different measures and so the only way to answer that question for you personally is for you to experiment and arrive at a process that is best for you. If the CP is too cold then give it a few seconds of steam or nuking.

Despite what some may say there is no set method/process that will produce 'the best cup of coffee for everyone'. Everything about 'how to make coffee' is in the end nothing but a starting point. It is a place for people to start and then tailor the process to fit their individual tastes.

Java "Start experimenting and come up with what's perfect for you." phile

Comment

ok - I'm starting today

I'm going with 1 cup coffee to 3 cups water for 15 hours at room temp (here in Australia at the moment, that means 20c)

with the concentrate, I'm going with
              1 shot concentrate
              5 shots milk
              180ml all up

P.S. I did use the advanced search!

Comment

Happy experimenting!

Java "Enjoy the journey!" phile

Comment

Hey wat44, would you continue updating this thread on how you go with your CP lattes ratios?

I use a hario mizudashi for my cold brews, I've tried nuking them but tend to like it better chilled for now.

What do you use for your CP coffee?

Comment

my first trial will be with a plunger poured through muslin (I expect the standard metal filter wont be good enough)
                    coffee will be

Comment

Originally posted by wat44 View Post
                      my first trial will be with a plunger poured through muslin (I expect the standard metal filter wont be good enough)
                      coffee will be
                      Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwww..................Get some fresh roasted coffee from BeanBay, a sponsor, or a local roaster instead of wasting your money on that!!!

Java "Life is too short to drink bad coffee!" phile

Comment

its just a trial! and that's wat I have!

I know, I know - once I think I can make hot coffee using this method I will upgrade the coffee

but if its only for iced coffee with cold milk/cream/sugar - the coffee wont be as important to me

Comment

I think the best upgrade would be to buy a roaster then get greeeeeen.

You can break even the cost of beans if you're comparing it green with illy's after some roasts.

The filter on a mizudashi is nylon and that only lets a tiny amount of muck through if it's filter coarse.

You may have to put it through a paper filter to get rid of muck after steeping with your stainless steel filter to get a cleaner cup

Comment

Try archive.org

Comment

Brewing now

by the way - do posts get deleted on this forum? I asked a question about Newcastle and it's gone???

Comment

Working...
                              X