Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Beans in New Zealand

Shamus - where are you in NZ?

If you are in the top of the South Island - you could try Pomeroys in Nelson or CPR in Blenheim. Both are very good and if you ask, may be able to help you out.

Green Beans in New Zealand

Im actually studying in Canberra.

But the old man is in Dunedin, and cant track down a huge variety of beans.

I might direct him to those guys, and see if they would be able to send him some greens.

Cheers

Comment

Green Beans in New Zealand

Shamus - I have just had a look at their website and Pomeroys does sell greens

http://www.pomeroys.co.nz/the-bean.asp

The list of greens is separate to this list but you can find it easily enough.

The info they have posted there states that they send greens for about 3.95 postage up to 2kg. You can also order online too.

I have bought roasted beans for my family from Pomeroys and they are very good. They are in Nelson so still in the South Island too.

Comment

Re: Green Beans in New Zealand

This guy on Trademe seems to have a few also...
        http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1788774
        New Plymouth based.

No affiliation yada yada...

Comment

It seems to be fairly easy to get hold of green beans - Dad tracks them down from local roasters in Dunedin.

But these are very "mainstream" e.g. Columbian Supremo, Kenyan, Sumatran Mandehling etc. Obviously all good beans, but it is always fun to get your teeth into something a little quirky, and get something different every month. It is much trickier to get a good range of beans, such as that we see through coffee snobs, where we maybe see 40-50?? different beans a year? (at a guess)

Pomeroys has a better range, but all VERY expensive - $20-30 a kg for GREENS, which seems absurd - e.g. twice the price of what you would normally pay.

I am not sure what this is due to - Market size? NZ Customs? Possibly a combination thereof. Anyway, I think there would definitely be room for massive home roasting growth in both Aussie and NZ.

What we needs if CoffeeSnobNZ.

Thanks for the trademe tip.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, coffeesNobZ would be good! Though with the number of roasters around here I cant imagine a massive demand, though I intend to get a Corretto roaster working once I settle in a bit more... but then I need a grinder. And a machina...

Comment

Working...
            X