Recall on Aldi double wall glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall on Aldi double wall glasses

Just noticed this on the ACCC recalls site.

Recalls

Gary

Thanks for the warning. As it happens I have been considering purchasing some double-walled cups, possibly the Bodum ones from General Trader. Comments anyone?

Comment

Ooooh. Considered getting some of these 'cause they were cheap. But decided against as cheapness was my only reason. I have used the Bodum ones for a few years now. Like the way the drink looks in it, holds it's heat well, but my short blacks don't pose much of a challenge there. Nice to drink from, but I prefer a nice fine cup (china?)

When you drop one on tiles...... they SHATTER! Sort of explode, really.

My suggestion is: try them, but don't leave them on the very edge of the bench.

Comment

I use Avanti dual wall / borosilicate in most common sizes for coffees (25ml to 450ml range). They are brilliant compared to porcelain / china for retaining heat. They also keep cold drinks well, without the dreaded moisture puddles. The company has been doing good stuff in glass and stainless for decades now, so I guess they have it sorted as most other ones seem to be troublesome. I did manage to break one (yes, it exploded), however it was an inadvertent Karate chop (didn't realise it was there) which actually hurt my hand. It took a pretty tough whack to demolish it!

TampIt.

Comment

Working...
        X