3-way Solenoid Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way Solenoid Valve

Does a 3-way Solenoid Valve actually improve coffee extraction or flavour?? or is it only so you make more coffee quicker?

Re: 3-way Solenoid Valve

Originally posted by Segrave link=1174356477/0#0 date=1174356477
    Does a 3-way Solenoid Valve actually improve coffee extraction or flavour?? or is it only so you make more coffee quicker?

A comprehensive no to both of those! Once again, Google is your friend

Have a look at http://home.surewest.net/frcn/Coffee/3way/1.html for a good description of what the valve does...

2mcm

Comment

I do understand how it works. i just want to know if by removing the remaining pressure after a shot has been pulled is the only out come that the PF can be renmoved imediatly without any chance of it being pressurised. ( : that is what i meant by make more coffee quicker? sorry for the lack of proper english )

Comment

Seagrave, if your machine doesnt have the 3-way valve, youll know it immediately after pulling a shot and unscrewing the portafilter from the group.

Because the puck is still under pressure, therell be an explosive exit of wet coffee grounds all over your walls.

Instead, the valve automatically and harmlessly releases the pressure into the drip tray.

--Robusto

Comment

Working...
        X