Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee pros and cons

hi all had a read on a college site about the properties of coffee
    and that it shows signs of good medicinal remedies ie help warding off colon cancer so on. just would like to see what your views are.

Re: coffee pros and cons

I havent got colon cancer yet, so it would appear that it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1174553599/0#1 date=1174568926
      I havent got colon cancer yet, so it would appear that it is true.
      Me either! Hows that for empirical data!! ;D

Comment

Coffee & Hangovers Good or Bad?

I am sitting here contemplating whether or not to have my morning coffee due to a hangover from last nights BBQ with friends.

Pro - It could give me that pick me up I need
        Con - It could dehyrate me more increasing the sore head.

The dilemma of it all.

Comment

Re: Coffee & Hangovers Good or Bad?

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1174553599/0#3 date=1174782262
          I am sitting here contemplating whether or not to have my morning coffee due to a hangover from last nights BBQ with friends.

The dilemma of it all.
          Ahhh but the caffeine could help chase away the headache.

Comment

So have some Gastrolite or similar and then your coffee.
            The Gastrolite helps the dehydration.

Comment

Drop in a Berocca.
              It will give you heaps of "crema".

Comment

Im on the road to recovery not emergency now, I thinks its time to have my coffee now.  That will make me feel better. [smiley=beer.gif]

Comment

The dilemma of it all.
                  I think the caffeine contracts the veins in your head which supposedly counteracts the throbbing resulting from the alcohol expanding them in the first place - or is it the other way around. I cant remember :-?

Comment

Caffeine can both prevent, and cause headaches.

--Robusto

Comment

It also exacerbates GERD (gastro-esophagaeal reflux disease).

Comment

My son has that.
                        Lucky then he doesnt drink coffee (more for me).

Comment

Originally posted by nunu link=1174553599/0#10 date=1174826229
                          It also exacerbates GERD (gastro-esophagaeal reflux disease).
                          Along with Chilli and Chocolate - talk about trying to take all the fun out of life.

To hell with reflux! Mmmm... Home roasted coffee with chilli chocolate, yum.

Ah stuff that, I still have em all. The only things that seem to cause me problems are tuna, margarine, fatty foods (eg: fish & chips) and cumin.

Juls

Comment

Shiftworker pros: keeps me awake during those late shifts!

Shiftworker cons: keeps me awake after those late shifts!

Sleepy at work... drink coffee... not sleepy at bedtime... more sleepy at work... drink more coffee. Vicious spiral. By my reckoning, after a couple of weeks of shift work, one should be operating without any sleep at all -- just a permanent coffee drip attached. Just think of the workplace productivity! Now thats a workplace policy that Johnny Howard would surely welcome!
                            After carefully calculating all my hours of lost sleep due to caffeine (and staying up calculating how much sleep Im losing) I reckon Id need to go to bed for about 3 months straight just to catch up. Should I put in for sleep deprivation leave? Or book myself into coffee detox -- could be the new celeb thing!
                            Dont think Im making too much sense. Too hyper. So much for the productivity theory! Have to go now and run up and down stairs. Bye!

Comment

The dilemma of it all.
                              Coffee, an asprin, 2 panadol, vitamin B and 1 litre of water, in that order. . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X