What have a become

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have a become

Damn my addictive personality. while out getting lunch i thought i would stick my head into the Salvos store down the road.
    Mainly with the intent to see if they had any Breadmakers and how much they would be.

Well..... i walked out with a grinder and a percolator to use in the office. All for the princely sum of $14.50
    Never had drip filtered coffee before, so this was cheap way to try it.
    Last edited by cloudwarrior; 9 May 2014, 07:00 PM. Reason: sp

And no breadmaker...

I hesitate to ask, 'why the grinder'? Is it a blade one?

I got a reconditioned Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker on ebay from the Panasonic tech people (panatech I think?) - half price and full warranty. In fact the smell of baking bread is wafting through the house right now. I had thought maybe it could convert to a roaster once the initial flush of fresh bread wore off, but 7 months later it still hasn't... plus the missus would kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudwarrior View Post
      Well..... i walked out with a grinder and a percolator to use in the office. All for the princely sum of $14.50
      Never had drip filtered coffee before, so this was cheap why to try it.
      FYI Percolator coffee is a far cry from drip filtered coffee. Be prepared. Next to tossing some grounds in a pot of water and boiling it over an open fire percolator's are the worst brewing method around.

Java "Enjoy the experiment!" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
        And no breadmaker...

I hesitate to ask, 'why the grinder'? Is it a blade one?

I got a reconditioned Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker on ebay from the Panasonic tech people (panatech I think?) - half price and full warranty. In fact the smell of baking bread is wafting through the house right now. I had thought maybe it could convert to a roaster once the initial flush of fresh bread wore off, but 7 months later it still hasn't... plus the missus would kill me.
        nope its a breville CG12. burr grinder. nothing to fancy. but a step up from my cheapo hand grinder.and its only for my secondary office. the bonus with it that i can add shims to make it grind finer
        so i might even end up as my home one. depending how it performs

and i didnt get breadmaker on that walk............but....... a few hours later i did find another one for $5 and a popcorn popper for $2

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
        FYI Percolator coffee is a far cry from drip filtered coffee. Be prepared. Next to tossing some grounds in a pot of water and boiling it over an open fire percolator's are the worst brewing method around.

Java "Enjoy the experiment!" phile
        my terminology was incorrect. it is a drip filter machine. the type used to make coffees with when i was an apprentice. without even being a coffee drinker
        i actually know a few Panasonic techs so if this BM proves insufficient i can see them for one

Comment

My wife has been making bread by hand for years.
          The heavy gritty stuff full of seeds and wholemeal flour.
          You get used to bread with a bit of grunt.
          It's messier than using a breadmaker but not a whole lot and the end result is pretty good.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rocky;530433]My wife has been making bread by hand for years......./QUOTE]
            but can she roast coffee with those hands ??

Comment

Working...
            X