Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to buy vietnamese filter / turkish ibrik?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy vietnamese filter / turkish ibrik?

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a vietnamese filter and/or a turkish ibrik. I have found a few places in the USA and on the American ebay but nowhere in Australia.

Does anyone know I can get my hands on the coffee for these two devices? I think the Vietnamese use coffee flavored with roasted chicory root.

Thanx!

Vietnamese filter:

Turkish Ibrik:

Re: where to buy vietnamese filter / turkish ibrik

I dont know whether youll find as fancy an ibrik as the one you pictured but most Sydney delicatessans stock them in a modern utilitarian stainless steel version.
    You might even find one in Big W or K-Mart.

I have no idea about the Vietnamese ones though and can only suggest trying the local Chinatown or Asian Supermarket if you have one.

Comment

Thanks TG! I will have a look

Comment

I have been looking for a Vietnamese Coffee Pot for a while with no luck as yet, let me know how you go..
        Cheers Tepin

Comment

Am just back from Vietnam, wow, is their coffee terrific.
          Brought back 1kg of Central Highlands beans to grind (cost USD7) and Im told these ones are the cream of the local crop. Time will tell.
          We already have one of the aluminium coffee thingies (most people bring them back from Vietnam) so dont know where you can buy them here.

Cheers
          Roysta

Comment

"the aluminium coffee thingies"... I have seen at a local asian supermarket bundled with Viet coffee for not very much money (coffee and pot for under $10 from memory).

If anyone is after one and cannot source them then let me know and Ill go buy some.

Comment

Hi, try *************** for all your vietnamese coffee requirements

NON-Sponsor commercial link removed,
              Mal.

Comment

Forgot to mention, Vietnamese coffee contains no chicory root, but they do blend varieties not found in mainstream western coffee. After the collapse of the south and the exodus of large numbers of vietnamese to USA, the closest substitute for the Vietnamese coffees where some New Orleans brands which contain chicory. That is where the misconception originated

Comment

You can get the Vietnamese coffee filters(in Aluminium or Stainless Steel) in most Asian grocery stores in Cabramatta (40 km South West of Sydney). I have 4 of the stainless steel ones.

Comment

Hi

I got my Turkish Ibrik from Bravo coffee in Enmore. See post
                    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1174113535/31#31
                    They had different sizes and in stainless or brass. They also sold the really fine coffee for it in various roasts.
                    I dont know if they have the Viet things.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X