Coffee gone off, advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee gone off, advice needed

I have a 22 day old Elephant Hills Peaberry, medium to light roasted to a CS7, it has started to taste very acidic and gives me stomach gripes the past 3 days. Does anyone have any an idea why it has started to turn to acid so early? Its in a latte and the milk is not off.

It is kept in a vac sealed bag in a cupboard, Canberra temps and humidity is low so not exposed to extremes of heat or moisture. My previous Elephant Hills Peaberry was roasted a little darker and was just beautiful at this age.

Smokey,

Perhaps it is coming to the end of its useful life.

Whatever way I have stored my coffee, I have found that it is at its best flavour between about 1 and 3 weeks, give or take a few days.

That is why you should buy coffee with the date roasted on the pack, or roast your own like I do.

Supermarket coffee has a use by date of up to about 2 years after roasting as a guide for staff to chuck it our.

I expect that it is getting cold in Canberra these days.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry, yep, its cold and wet today, tomorrow top of 8 C.

It might be age, I roasted it 3 weeks ago so that could be it, or it could be too light a roast for that bean...?

Comment

CS7 sounds very light for the Elephant Hills, Smokey. I'd be loathe to put that in milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
          CS7 sounds very light for the Elephant Hills, Smokey. I'd be loathe to put that in milk.
          I think this might be it Barry O'S, it just didn't have what my previous Elephant Hills Peaberry roasts had, yep, I reckon thats it, next time I'll take it to start of SC and be done with it! Whats left has been binned.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
            ..... next time I'll take it to start of SC...
            totally agree with that

Comment

Working...
            X