Blend Ehtiopian coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend Ehtiopian coffee

I want to blend Ethiopian coffee specially sidama with other country coffee, do any body know which coffee good to blend to get good flavor and creama?

You might want to add what type of brewing and roast level you plan to use the blend. I use post roast blend Ethiopian and Brazil or Guat Hue for espresso at Full City.

Comment

I don't know much about blending, or roasting for that matter, and I have a thoroughly undeveloped palate. I just like good strong coffee.

My favoured roast is about 600g in coretto of Ethiopian (I like them all, gambella sundried if I had to pick one) followed by 600g South American (Brazil yellow bourbon for example).
      Roasted to the start of 2nd crack.
      Then blended and bagged.

Lasts 2-3 weeks in my house.

I'm no expert roaster but I have done maybe 50. I don't have the patience or equipment for tight control, temp curves, repeatablility - it's all by feel, just like how I cook.
      So every batch different. But the mix of Ethiopian and SA seem to balance each other a bit, take some of the rough edges off.

[edit] just saw you also blend Brazil with Ethiopian Jojo, coincidence!

Comment

I like my Sidamo two ways--straight and 50/50 with a good Aceh for a version of the "Mocha-Java" classic blend.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X