Roasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted?

Just saw this pic on a coffee shop FB page. The middle one has got to be some of the lightest warmed (I can't call them roasted) greens I have ever seen.

Third wave... I am yet to understand it either. Do they roast like this because the struggle to roast a satisfactory darker roast profile?

Comment

They may as well save on the roaster and just serve them green

Comment

Easy now. It could be, and probably is, a lighting and exposure issue that isn't providing an accurate image. I doubt anyone would serve anything that light. Looks pre 1st crack!

Comment

If that's the case then, hasn't someone stopped to think hey that looks way to light to be coming out of the roaster before putting up a picture for advertising. The Syphon is a give away for the lighter roast. All that aside i don't take back my original, but understand and except that many people are into this Third way coffee. My fear is what the fourth way will be and taste like? Straight off the tree?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
            If that's the case then, hasn't someone stopped to think hey that looks way to light to be coming out of the roaster before putting up a picture for advertising. The Syphon is a give away for the lighter roast. All that aside i don't take back my original, but understand and except that many people are into this Third way coffee. My fear is what the fourth way will be and taste like? Straight off the tree?

Coffee cherry juice? Haha

Comment

As an exercise, I played (very briefly) with colour to see what I could do with the graphic. Here it is at full size.

Best case scenario, they may have approached cinnamon but not further. There's plenty of skin on the beans....
              Click image for larger version

Name:	roast2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	737536

Comment

Are you sure they're not lentils?

Comment

Yep, ready for Tarka Dahl.

Comment

I have had a few failed roasts end up like that due to roaster malfunctions. Pretty intolerable, even as cold brew.

Comment

Coffee curry. Now there's a thought.....

Comment

As a photog it looks like a pretty accurate exposure – my guess would be a set up shot from a cold roaster! Hardly good promo for discerning snobs though! Maybe the photographer complained about the smoke

Comment

Managed to get my hands on some coffee from a reasonably high profile roaster the other day that was exactly that light and was known as their house blend "for espresso and milk based"....... It was like lemon juice

Comment

Originally posted by Lasanmarcomelb View Post
                            Managed to get my hands on some coffee from a reasonably high profile roaster the other day that was exactly that light and was known as their house blend "for espresso and milk based"....... It was like lemon juice
                            Dunno when lemon juice ever went with milk?

Lemon juice does however go with salt and tequila- if that's your bent....

Comment

Tequila might have sorted out the horrible after taste

Comment

Working...
                              X