Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do other CSers use for water?

Apart from H2O?  

Im getting myself into knots considering the many options that are out there.  I obviously want purity in the coffees flavour but equally as important, I want to ensure longevity of the boiler (especially as I have heard that Perth water is pretty hard).  I recognise that regular de-scaling is essential (I plan to do this at 6 monthly intervals), but I was curious as to what others CSers run through their machines?

I am currently using a Brita water filter jug which offers... "Ion exchange filtration - reducing limescale (carbonate hardness) and certain heavy metals..."  Between this, a built in water softerner and regularly planned de-scaling - will this be enough? (...enough for an obsessive CS that is!  ;D)

What are you using?

Cheers,

Sam

Re: What do other CSers use for water?

Rainwater that has gone through two taste and odor filters. That is what I am using!

Comment

Nobles Pureau ultra fresh water.
      I started using it when I was in the outback as the tap water was terrible.
      It comes in a 10l cask for about $6 and it doesnt need refrigeration.

Comment

I use rainwater and being in Adelaide I descale once a month. If Perth water is hard you should consider descaling a bit more often than every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1176068524/0#3 date=1176077570
          I use rainwater and being in Adelaide I descale once a month. If Perth water is hard you should consider descaling a bit more often than every 6 months.
          Good advice - thanks. Monthly it is then!

Cheers,

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X