Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Best Beans in Australia? (your opinion :) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Best Beans in Australia? (your opinion :) )

So what are the very best beans available in Australia?

I know what I like, but often wonder what I'm missing out on.

Hi Retta... and welcome to CS.

Your question has so many answers, all of them right.

What do you like?

Comment

How long is a piece of string?

I have a few beans I like depending on how I'm preparing it, I also have a few blends I like, then sometimes they roast well and sometimes they don't, how one person likes a bean won't be how another person does.

The only way you'll know is try something you've never tried before.

Comment

If there was a clear and obvious answer to this question, there wouldn't be so many options on the market.

There are two sorts of coffee - recently roasted & freshly ground, and "other".

Comment

I don't have a roaster so my best "fresh roasted" option is Bay Beans.
          If you care to go the "other" option, ie. supermarket beans, my only choice is Macro Organic Peruvian Beans, funnily enough, only available from woolies. Not bad at all !
          Last edited by terrawarra; 15 September 2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Any of the wonderful beans I get from Andy, of course...

Mal.

Comment

The best beans in Oz come out of my Coretto once a week green beans sourced from BeanBay of course CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay
              Last edited by Yelta; 15 September 2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Agreed Mal & Yelta.... it's like a world tour of excellence, right in your own kitchen! ;-)

Comment

The Chinese green bean sold on the bean bay right now is my fav. Roast it fairly dark, and its amazing.

Comment

I'd be assuming the answer OP might be looking for is flavours maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by kyeba View Post
                      I'd be assuming the answer OP might be looking for is flavours maybe?
                      There is no answer to the OP's question, it really is a case of buying and trying, all tastes are different, I've been drinking good coffee for more years than I care to divulge and am still trying new single origins and blends, I have developed an understanding of the characteristics of beans from different countries and have my preferences likes/dislikes.

You will certainly be on the right track if you stay away from supermarket/discount store beans, buy recently roasted beans from reputable roasters and form your own opinions.

There is a wealth of information on this site to help you along the way.

Comment

Agree 100% Yelta...

Mal.

Comment

I'll bite. Hunkute. Small Batch.

only thing is, I haven't tried all the beans available in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
                            I'll bite. Hunkute. Small Batch.

only thing is, I haven't tried all the beans available in Australia.
                            I'd say thats a good place to start.

Comment

The best ones are the PNG Kimel I roast at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X