Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adelaide is now the nation’s coffee capital.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelaide is now the nation’s coffee capital.

This should stir a little debate, it must be pretty well on the money, the research was the result of a survey commissioned by Nespresso.

Adelaide is the outright winner with Melbourne running a close third behind Sydney.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/international-coffee-day-statistics-show-adelaide-is-the-coffee-capital/story-fnii5yv4-1227073262144

If you choose to define Australia's Coffee Capital as the town or city with the highest percentage of the adult population drinking coffee on a daily basis you could easily topple Adelaide from its lofty perch by extending the survey to include the QLD town of Cooladdi (population 4) where all 4 adult residents are avid coffee drinkers

Comment

I reckon the title should go to the town that has the lowest proportion of respondents pronouncing/spelling the drink 'expresso'.

Comment

So the survey was commissioned by Nespresso.

I wonder if Nespresso was the coffee of choice at George Clooney’s recent wedding?

Barry

Comment

At a cost of over $17 million for the wedding I kind of doubt it.

Java "You're drinking what?!?" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
            I reckon the title should go to the town that has the lowest proportion of respondents pronouncing/spelling the drink 'expresso'.
            and "cup of chino"

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
              G'Day BOS, guess if you were looking for the town with the highest proportion Rockingham WA would have to be a major contender No Cookies | Perth Now

Comment

He...he....I guess there's a little bit of Rockingham in all of us. I wonder if the phrase 'As rare as Rockingham s#$%' originates from the town?

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                  G'Day BOS, guess if you were looking for the town with the highest proportion Rockingham WA would have to be a major contender No Cookies | Perth Now
                  Not all in the shire of rockingham are bogans (in some cases, even 'human' is arguable).

Apart from the 5 senses roastery (and the houses of a few coffeesnobs) there is a void of good coffee between Fremantle and Dunsborough...

Barry, do you mean rockinghorse s#@t?

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                    Yep, mate we like to keep everyone else out of here.

After all, walking my dog daily for 6Km down the local dog beach sure is such a tough job: pristine country air and the nasty, inconsiderate dolphins are only playing close to shore every third or fourth day. Then a quick detour to buy some direct from farm produce (including fresh milk in glass bottles, and top quality organic meat) for the next meal. A coffee made from the (very) pure rainwater (own backyard tank) completes what I reckon is a pretty good start to the day.

AFAIAC, I hope the reputation keeps the trendy idiots out forever, local bogans I can cope with (if they really exist).

TampIt
                    PS: Until I stopped travelling so much in 2006, this "NSW born boy" had relatives and clients begging me to bring in decent coffee from Melbourne or Perth since the mid '70's. Usually 10Kg+ per trip. Better coffee in Sydney? Rolling on the floor laughing. Can I have what they are smoking?
                    Last edited by TampIt; 2 October 2014, 02:55 AM. Reason: ROTFL comes up as "giggled like a schoolgirl" ???

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post

Barry, do you mean rockinghorse s#@t?
                      Nah, that phrase was corrupted from the original 'Rockingham s**#'....I'm sure of it

Comment

Working...
                      X