Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container Loads

In the next beanbay Id like to see.....

Larger quantities available of the beans on offer......please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Container Loads

Hey Dennis....

Are you willing to throw Andy money upfront???

Dont forget Andy pays for the beans and then we repay him..... And then only if they all sell.... and its not a business for him - just a serious hobby - which is why the prices are so good....

Also there is a limit to how much of a specific variety he can get... and we dont want cr@p beans...

So I reckon how it runs now is good.... real good.... and Andy is doing a great job for us.

Comment

As always I do understand (and anticipate) the frustration but by the same token you should understand the economics of the situation, I have to buy what doesn’t get bought or else I have to tell people that the last bag of each has been revoked from the sale.

Last month I bought nearly $2000 of unsold beans (ouch!) and with any luck Ill sell most of those as brown beans as some point in the future if not then I have some of the worlds best compost and a massive hole in my bank account. Obviously I can only support BeanBay sales to a certain finite level so each month I have to balance the offer with what I can afford to carry as stock for the roastery.

This month it appears that I need to find nearly that amount again to buy half a barrel of one of the worlds most exclusive coffees. Once again, I can only do that if at some point in the future I can on-sell it as roasted coffee.

Currently there are still beans available in the BeanBay and while they might not be the ones that you wanted to buy they are (as always) excellent quality and Im sure you would enjoy them. Failing that we have many site sponsors (Coffee Hit, Go Barista, Pioneer Coffee Roastery, The Coffee Barun, Veneziano Caffe) who would be more than happy to supply you with some similar origin green beans for home roasting.

Im sorry that you were frustrated enough to make a post with 12 exclamation marks, with any luck next month we can turn your frown upside down but there will always be some people who miss out on something.

Comment

(I need to type faster)
        Thanks JavaB.

Yes, it really is a balance... and we do try to get it as close to right as we can.

Comment

Andy, Id hate to have your job.... Its often thankless given the amount of effort you put in-- on our behalf--- and the gripes with which we repay you.

Im sure I speak on behalf of so many who appreciate and know you are doing a fantastic, sterling job.

-Robusto

Comment

Andy, the machinations of the Bean Bay are slowly becoming clear to me... and i feel , think, no... i know you are doing a great job, something not many of us would be willing to take on, considering the insecurity of the beans actually going off.
            i, for one, never liked the red numbers in my stock take: you obviously have a much stronger constitution than i have

please continue to look for the nicest beans, at the best prices, with an occasional exceptional super special wonderful bean thrown in... i will be starting a gold coin savings jar, so i will be better prepared for such an occurence!!

your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            (thats 20 exclamation marks....)

L

Comment

Thanks Robusto and Lizzie!!(x10).

I do know that everyone appreciates and enjoys CoffeeSnobs.  Im a member too!  

Even when someone needs to let off some steam I do understand and share some of their pain and frustration.  

We are all passionate about our chosen hobby, sometimes to a fault but its that passion that drives us all to improving along the road to coffee nirvana.

Ill let you know when I cannot find an area that I could improve on.

Comment

by the way, can you keep the JMB over for the Mays Bean Bay ??
                i, for one, would /could buy another small unit again, and there may be others who also can/want to budget for the next Bean Bay to do the same, if they know it is going to be on offer...

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie link=1176366153/0#7 date=1176371217
                  by the way, can you keep the JMB over for the Mays Bean Bay ??
                  i, for one, would /could buy another small unit again, and there may be others who also can/want to budget for the next Bean Bay to do the same, if they know it is going to be on offer...

L
                  Yep,

Id be in that too, if its a possibility? (My monthly spend limits are very finite unfortunately)

Mal.

Comment

Considering Jasper Coffee sells it for $160 roasted per kilo....its a huge saving.

Comment

Hey, wait a sec....Im feeling a bit mis-understood here!

To all, firstly, my post was not a complaint - it was a plea. Maybe an obvious one at that, as I guess lots of people miss out.

JavaB, your post seems to be on the attack. This is my first experience of seeing the beanbay in action and I had absolutely no idea Andy paid for the beans upfront. Now that I do, Im pretty much blown away by his generosity in doing so. Thats not to say that I didnt appreciate what he does before knowing what I now know.

To give you some idea of my niaivety (and hopefully a laugh), when I read the email this evening that "BeanBay will kick off 11:59 tonight", I though great, I havent missed out and have time to do a little research on the beans. It wasnt until a while later that I realised the email had been sent yesterday, not today!

Andy, my post was not meant to be a criticism, or a gripe, and I wasnt even frustrated - this area is tittled "Wishing Well", and I assure you that wishing is all I was trying to express. I have purchased and still have green beans from our sponsors so I really wasnt that miffed.

And finally, and sincerely, Im sorry if I made you and everyone else feel like I didnt appreciate your work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1176366153/0#10 date=1176374406

JavaB, your post seems to be on the attack.
                        Sorry if I came across rather strongly..... but it is just that I, and the other members here, appreciate what a fantastic job Andy does for us..... and how much of his personal effort and money is involved...

With that in mind, Im sure you can understand why we will come so quickly to his defence....

Whilst you might not have intended your comment as a complaint, Im sure you can also understand... in the context of how you now know BeanBay operates.... that many of us would see it that way.....

So once again Andy, magnificent job..... Your bloods worth bottling..... (Grange Hermitage is it???)

Comment

Thanks JavaB - I really appreciate what youve said, and yes, I do understand why people might become defensive. Lord knows Ive done it often enough particularly with things Im passionate about. I just hope Andy gets to see what I wrote.

Comment

Thanks Lizzie for going halves in a bag of the JBM! At least well be able to say we tried it - and if I cant live without another batch then perhaps I can save for next month!

Seriously considering handing my 250 grams over to Dean at 5-senses to roast though. . .

Comment

Dennis, you are a eloquent apologiser... and i understand both your frustration as well as your lack of knowledge.. i only recently comprehended the Bean Bay workings.

Generally speaking, keep up the posts... you are an entertainment all by yourself!

L

Comment

Working...
                              X