anyone use dosing guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use dosing guage

Does anyone use a dosing gauge? I have seen two types, one is used before you tamp and one is used after you tamp, which one do you use? My BDB is very particular to the amount of grinds in the porta filter and I tend to overdose a bit so I thought a tool that makes the process more uniform may be a great help.

I have an inbuilt one on my hand.

Comment

Tony,

I also use a BDB. I find the best dose is as recommended in the instruction booklet with the Breville tamper going into the filter basket just to the depth of the shiny cap. Enjoy your coffee.

Barry

Comment

Never have Tony.

Occasionally they show up for sale second hand, the lack of interest is a pretty fair indicator of their popularity.

Save your money.

Comment

If you mean the dosing gauges such as the Scottie Callaghan ones, I've see these used in very good cafes in Melbourne, more for single origins coming out of a doser than say their regular blend coming out of a Robur E.

So they're useful, but I bet you've got at least 20 things in your kitchen that could do exactly the same job.

Comment

Originally posted by tonym1 View Post
            Does anyone use a dosing gauge? I have seen two types, one is used before you tamp and one is used after you tamp, which one do you use? My BDB is very particular to the amount of grinds in the porta filter and I tend to overdose a bit so I thought a tool that makes the process more uniform may be a great help.
            I used to use a CD case that was rounded (at just larger than CD diameter) on Miss Silvia. After a short while I just used my hand / eye and it worked out the same - you just need a bit of practice.

TampIt

Comment

Working...
            X