Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite single origin flat white...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite single origin flat white...

Whether it's home roasted or from a cafe, I'm interested to find out what's your favourite single origin flat white

Maybe it's a fruit-forward natural Ethiopian, an ultra-classy Brazil, a classic Colombian, a big, bold Java or something curious and obscure

Do you think a top blend could always beat your favourite SO in a milk coffee, or can the purity and focus of your favourite SO win it for you?

Cheers

Kenya Kanongo Peaberry still my all time favourite SO. Last time it was available on Beanbay is around 18-24 months ago.

Comment

Tricky question but I just finished drinking a small batch of Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo and that cuts really nicely through the milk.

Comment

I reckon PNG Waghi is one of the best SO's I've had for milk - an amazing, powerful caramel coffee, strong & sweet.
        Ethiopian Yirg is awesome too, strong, rich and spicy.

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
          I reckon PNG Waghi is one of the best SO's I've had for milk - an amazing, powerful caramel coffee, strong & sweet.
          Ethiopian Yirg is awesome too, strong, rich and spicy.
          How do you roast the Waghi? I have a bag of green but I don't think I have nailed the roast yet. Do you take it into sc?

Comment

Ah you beat me to it! Waghi is my #1 SO latte, I finished one just now! I normally roast it past the first snaps of 2nd crack, before rolling hits.

I prefer blends to SO but most of mine follow the same formula (base, african, indo + central), so something different to break it up can be good. I would rate africans above anything else for this purpose, I remember the Tanzania Machare estate being particularly smooth and chocolately in a latte.

Comment

I use my 'baseline' profile (same one I use for most beans actually - bar Ethiopians (faster) and Brasils (slower)), and roast to the very first crackles of 2C…

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150228-PNG-Waghi.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	738785

Comment

I pull and cool 'em before the first few snaps of 2nd-Crack starts - Just to be different...

Mal.

Comment

My taste buds might be a bit off the charts but lately I'm enjoying a Matambo Huila Colombia with milk, but its better straight up.

Comment

Rather enjoying the Venezuela San Cristobel at present.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy_1999 View Post
                      Rather enjoying the Venezuela San Cristobel at present.
                      It is a powerful beastie of a coffee... I especially enjoy it on these cold and blustery days

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Some great suggestions. I recently picked up some of the wahgi from beanbay and agree it's a good performer.

All time favourite so far has been nekisse Ethiopian natural. Had this a few times in Sydney and Melbourne cafes. It's exie, but worth it for a treat. I love the cherry ripe taste you get as a milk coffee, especially a piccolo or magic

Comment

Working...
                        X