Barista Training options in Perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barista Training options in Perth?

Hi guys, anyone done a barista course in Perth they can recommend?

Being in Perth, you've got the Australian Barista Academy at your fingertips. I don't have any experience with them, or any other courses for that matter, but I'd say they'd be quite good.

commercial link removed per site posting policy
    Last edited by Javaphile; 27 May 2015, 07:48 PM. Reason: Commercial link(s) removed

Comment

thought i'd share my aba training session: was great - but prepare to have shop trainees alongside during the training who dont show nearly as much interest. otherwise the content and hands on are great - albeit rather expensive. cheaper places tend to be rather old-school technique wise though and might teach you more bad habits than good ones. FWIW i went to the session 2 or 3 years ago now... im sure it would be very different by now

just my 2 cents =)
      Last edited by timdimdom; 28 May 2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Rie at Blacklist Coffee Roasters can help you with top class training

Comment

didnt know she did training! i'd recommend that fo sho

Comment

thanks guys may have to look in to those

Comment

The ABA was very good, although it is really aimed at every day baristas, they were more than knowledgeable about any subjects when asked. *Disclaimer* The person who ran the course is moving back to Melbourne, so you will likely get someone else.

Comment

I did the basics course at ABA a while back, person running the class I went to was pretty good...and fairly patient considering the rest of the people that were there. They were all there as part of employer requirements... one person had never had a coffee before, other hated coffee, and the another went on a rant on why a flat white is not considered a "real" coffee. All three work at cafes, makes you think

Looking back I could have easily gotten same knowledge off here/youtube without too much effort.

Comment

Working...
                X