Plumber recommendations Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber recommendations Melbourne

I have purchased the Brita C150 kit from Bombora and connected it up to my Rocket Evoluzione as well as my fridge and the sink-mounted tap included with the kit. It was all pretty straightforward. The kit came with a tee piece to connect it to the dishwasher tap. This also seems pretty straightforward to do. However, I understand that in Victoria doing this connection would legally require a licensed plumber and that doing it myself would likely void any insurance claim if there was ever a leak. So, can anyone recommend a plumber in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne who could do this job for a reasonable price?

I assume they would want to check all the other connections (mostly John Guest Speedfit) before they would certify the job. Is a plumber going to be happy with just checking my work or are they going to want to re-do it all themselves?

Alternatively, does anyone think I'm being overly paranoid and should just do it myself?

David

Do it yourself. John Guest fittings are basic and easy to install. Why pay a grubby tradie $100+ to turn up at your door for a 5 minute job.

Comment

Make sure that you have a 350kPa pressure limiting valve between tap and machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
        Make sure that you have a 350kPa pressure limiting valve between tap and machine.
        I have one of those. Thanks Chris.

Comment

I ended up getting a plumber in this morning to check all the connections. He took about 5 minutes to confirm that everything was ok and then refused to charge me anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco_Lever View Post
            Why pay a grubby tradie $100+ to turn up at your door for a 5 minute job.
            Bosco, How much would it cost for you to come to my house and perform whatever professional services you offer?

Turning up at a doorstep with the tools and equipment necessary to do a job is often worth $100. I just can't understand this attitude, for tradies time is literally money. Sure, some take advantage but that's a massive generalisation, we're not all scum. Sounds like you scored a gem of a plumber dmo :-)

I encourage DIY where appropriate of course, but there is often a rational argument to pay a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by dmo View Post
              I ended up getting a plumber in this morning to check all the connections. He took about 5 minutes to confirm that everything was ok and then refused to charge me anything.
              And that's clever marketing. Your recommendations will probably bring him 10 jobs.

Comment

Working...
              X