Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• la pavoni and european sites?

hey guys first poster right here....

i'm wanting to buy a la pavoni lever espresso machine and even though i want to buy from a local distributor, they are few and far between for these particular items and i cannot go passed the fact that even with a shipping fee of 90 euro, it is still under half the cost of getting one here.

so has anybody bought anthing from here?

Welcome to coffeesnobs! If price is your primary concern then there are certainly overseas suppliers and online sites that can provide cheaper goods. If you are after outstanding after sales service please try one of the site sponsors, i am yet to be disappointed and more than happy to support local business that tries to deliver more than just products. I suggest try contact sponsor link, it doesn't cost you a dime, who knows may be there is an offer that may meet your requirement.
    Enjoy your coffee journey, you are among friends here

Comment

Hey 3rutu5,

Have you looked at site sponsor jetblack espresso? They have a couple of La Pavoni models, which are definitely not double the price of the site you mentioned. As Bazooka said after sales service is a huge plus, as well as a warranty, and also Australian compliance when it comes to the electrics.

Comment

don't forget the customs duties you have to pay.
        and also don't forget when the machine gets broken and its still guarantee on it.

Comment

Welcome 3rutu5, you might want to lose the link the non-sponsor site.........best to read the site rules before commencing one's post career.

Comment

Casa espresso if in Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
              Hey 3rutu5,

Have you looked at site sponsor jetblack espresso? They have a couple of La Pavoni models, which are definitely not double the price of the site you mentioned. As Bazooka said after sales service is a huge plus, as well as a warranty, and also Australian compliance when it comes to the electrics.
              yes mate, i have along with a heap of others locally. i want the La Pavoni Professional which retails locally from $1100-1300.
              in europe it is 487 euro (so about 710 AUD). i must admit when i made that statement i was doing a comparision between pro here and eurocuppo there which was a mistake on my behalf.

if i could by one in australia even for 800ish i would, because i could probably wonder down to the store and give it a crack.

but i will try and take down the link from my original post.

Comment

You are forgetting a few things.
                487 euros is not 710 AUD. You will be charged currency conversion fee of around 2-3 %. So that makes it $760. Add freight, $140 (90Euro) and you have $900.
                Wishful thinking you will get one for $800ish here.
                The cheapest here is $1049, which includes GST, and an Australian warranty. (about $953 + gst).
                By buying overseas all you save is $50 plus avoid paying gst to our govt.

Is the lack of warranty worth the saving?

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco_Lever View Post
                  You are forgetting a few things.
                  487 euros is not 710 AUD. You will be charged currency conversion fee of around 2-3 %. So that makes it $760. Add freight, $140 (90Euro) and you have $900.
                  Wishful thinking you will get one for $800ish here.
                  The cheapest here is $1049, which includes GST, and an Australian warranty. (about $953 + gst).
                  By buying overseas all you save is $50 plus avoid paying gst to our govt.

Is the lack of warranty worth the saving?
                  Very good point. Completely glazed over the freight as well...must of got caught up in the hype of such an awesome machine. I might try and see if someone in Brisbane sells them
                  Last edited by 3rutu5; 21 June 2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

there is no conversion charge if you pay with 28Degrees mastercard! I use this card for all my international transactions.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here....you have lever in your nick, so do you have one? I've heard the lever espresso machines (doesn't matter what brand) make an awesome shot providing you get the grind right. And if maintained they last a while

If yes, did you get yours locally on the coast? I work around Southport but live in Brisbane and dying to see one in action (as in shop not your house, just in case you thought I was stalking)

Comment

Keep in mind that a toy lever- and I'd include La Pavoni and PV Lusso in that description, has pretty much zero in common (including performance and shot quality) with a commercial spring lever.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          Keep in mind that a toy lever- and I'd include La Pavoni and PV Lusso in that description, has pretty much zero in common (including performance and shot quality) with a commercial spring lever.
                          Yes, i m aware that domestic and commercial coffee machines are like Toyotas vs Ferrari's. I'm seen reviews of the toy levers and that's what I've seen/read. So anything I talk about here is purely going to be coming from a machine in a domestic sense.

I've currently got a mixture of various stove top percolators I've collected throughout my adult life and thrown away a series of rubbish espresso machines (delongi/sunbeam etc).

So just to be clear and to try and avoid the flaming for asking a question and not spending money on a commercial unit, the bulk of my coffee brewed is on a stove before work and I'm only looking at a domestic lever machine for weekends.

Ive heard that the toy units pull a great shot once working out the grind and I've also heard that replacing the seals annually and good cleaning regimes will allow you to keep such a machine for many years to come. I don't want a isomac or similar just yet, I will wait for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
                            So just to be clear and to try and avoid the flaming...
                            No flaming implied, nor intended. These is however plenty of misinformation on the internerd and we don't need more of that.

If you nail it with a toy lever such as as a Pav, you can expect at best 2 good shots before it cooks itself. Buy whatever you choose, but go in fully informed, not misinformed based on what you have heard.

I have plenty of toys on my shelves as well. Some are there so I can admire their external design rather than attempt to use them.

Comment

OK cheers for the advice. I didn't think I saw them on your site

Comment

Working...
                              X