Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial coffee roasting course in Sydney

Hi

Just wondering does any knows if there is a green bean roasting course in sydney?

Most the place offer this course they are all held in QLD. I would like to learn more knowledges and skill of roasting coffee before I open my cafe in the future.

Any information is appreciated!

Tobys Estate is the only one I'm aware of in Sydney

Comment

Thank you Kwantfm for the info, will looking into it.

Comment

Have you done any home roasting before ?

Comment

Hi Summercreama

No I have never done any home roasting.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHsu View Post
            Hi Summercreama

No I have never done any home roasting.
            I always recommend learning to crawl before you walk/run. Beg or borrow a home roaster and learn the basics. You will achieve much more when you do a commercial roasting course.

Lastly, never ever refer to yourself as "master roaster" as there is no such term (unless w@nker is appropriate). We are all just at different levels of beginning....

Comment

If you are close to Parramatta then google Darcy St Project. They are supported by the Parramatta city council and have just opened a brew bar and coffee school.

If you are opening a cafe then they will be happy to share their systems with you, especially if you want to incorporate roasting into your cafe. They first started as a cafe 6 months ago and roasted their own coffee from the start. Last I heard, they were pumping out around 20kgs per week.

They teach on a 1kg commercial roaster - the same size and type of roaster that they use to roast their own coffee in the brew bar.

They are humble, helpful and non-judgemental guys too which is why I am recommending them to you as a first timer...

Comment

I totally agree with you.
                How much is the course and how often does it run?

Comment

Working...
                X